Got beat by a Z28

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Sounds like a good race, run him again with the 4.10's and it'll be a different story. You'll atleast be door to door.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
The stock 3.27 robs the cars potential. 1st and 2nd are okay. But hit 3rd with the stock gear and wait for it to get into the big revs again.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Gears make a big difference in N/A DOHC cars, but he will still start eventually pulling on you. An LS1 with 320rwhp is good for 109mph+ traps, so even if you're quicker with a gear he will probably still be faster. Race him from a dig if you get gears!

Last edited:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
So last night I met up with a friend with a 01 Z28 who had wanted to race me for a while. He just has an SLP intake and a Borla cat-back. But he is still running 320 at the wheels (compared to my 291). We go from a 30 roll a few times and then a 50 a few times up to about 100 and each time he put 1-1.5 lengths on me.
Needless to say it was a very disappointing night. I told him I'm getting 4.10's after New Years and that we'll have to race again. He's cocky as hell though after that victory.
What do you guys think? Will 4.10's do it?

By the way, we each had a passenger and his was filming it. I'll put up the videos when he sends them to me :beer:

now ask him if he wants to run another Cobra...im local too! :rockon:

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
Sounds like you done real well for being a stock geared car.
My buddies 99 SS put that much on me from about 45 to 120 with my mods and his being only a full exhaust.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I would say after the 4.10's you should be able to take him. That is considering you drive the car well. He might pull you slightly at 100+ mph but it will be close. We need vids!!!!!! I love watching New Edge Cobras and Machs vs LS1 videos.

evo connevo

Established Member
You should be able to hold him off until you run out of gear. After 4th, he should steadily pull away.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Gears make a big difference in N/A DOHC cars, but he will still start eventually pulling on you. An LS1 with 320rwhp is good for 109mph+ traps, so even if you're quicker with a gear he will probably still be faster. Race him from a dig if you get gears!

x2...and don't forget the sticky tires!!!!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Sounds like you done real well for being a stock geared car.
My buddies 99 SS put that much on me from about 45 to 120 with my mods and his being only a full exhaust.

Full Exhaust? A Full exhaust car would rape you six ways from sunday... you mean catback?

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Full Exhaust? A Full exhaust car would rape you six ways from sunday... you mean catback?

Not if it's an auto from a roll...lol

I hate my car from a roll:bash::fm::mj:

Good death OP....get a couple more mods and you'll be right there. I think the gears might help. Then again you never know what will happen until you race again

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Not if it's an auto from a roll...lol

I hate my car from a roll:bash::fm::mj:

Good death OP....get a couple more mods and you'll be right there. I think the gears might help. Then again you never know what will happen until you race again

He traps 102mph.. even with the roll handicap of the 4L60E..yeah no.

Users who are viewing this thread