Got Bassani Mid Length headers on

03DarkShadow

Established Member
hmmm, i thought you need to install probe about 2-3 inches away from head to get an ACCURATE EGT reading. I think the readings youll be getting will be a lil cooler.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
hmmm, i thought you need to install probe about 2-3 inches away from head to get an ACCURATE EGT reading. I think the readings youll be getting will be a lil cooler.

They are much more accurate 2-3 inches out of each primary

RAP66

Established Member
Do ya think they will make a version for CA? I would love to put headders on my car but don't care to remove every other year to SMOG my car.:shrug:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by hard jokur
Do ya think they will make a version for CA? I would love to put headders on my car but don't care to remove every other year to SMOG my car.:shrug:

I doubt they will. Other than a set of shorty's your not going to legally run headers in CA. And there's no real gain in shorty's

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
I doubt they will. Other than a set of shorty's your not going to legally run headers in CA. And there's no real gain in shorty's

The JBA shorys are SMOG exempt, and produce good gains.

As long as you pass the sniffer though... you should be fine.

Jason

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I'm reading good accurate temps. I know it. Its definately 2-3 inches away... I'll take some pics when I get it up on a lift. - blades on fbody83's name

Blades

Established Member
I'm new at this. Forgive my ignorance. I will say that everything in the Autometer Lunar Pyrometer box was all that I needed. Drill a hole, weld in probe.

Users who are viewing this thread