Got Arrested Today

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Mike-SVT
I am a long-time motorcycle rider and have to agree with the term "idiot" to describe your actions.

Not only are you going 50 mph faster than traffic surrounding you but you also give the rest of us responsible and long-term riders a bad name and cause the police to have it "in" for all of us..

I don't care if the bike can do 120 mph safely, I ride the Gulf Freeway all the time and thats totally irresponsible speed.

Since the new traffic laws went into affect on October 1st, you will be lucky if you don't lose your license for a year and face about a $500 fine at minimum.

Oh, and one more thing - the DA will prosecute that kind of behavior.
Especially in Galveston County..

Careful, you will be accused of being God's gift to the world, jackass, liar, and perfect all at the same time.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
Settle down people geezus. Like NONE of you have ever sped before. He admitted what he did was illegal, and didn't complain about getting popped, so what's the big deal? Give the guy a break. For most of you, maybe going 120 on a bike is a big deal, to me it's not. I cruised I45 at 120 all the time, so what? I never got caught, but if I did I'd take it like a man, just like he did. As far as the earphones thing, a lot of riders where them. At highway speeds with a helmet you don't really hear much but windnoise anyways. Lots of people will also wear earplugs because the wind noise is too much. Nothing wrong with wearing headphones while riding.

Bash all you want, none of you are perfect so just stfu.l

Agreed he didnt do anything MOST if not everyone on here hasn't done he just got caught...

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Its cool. People all have different opinions of what happened. Some look at it as a completely idiotic behavior that they would never think of doing. While others can empathize because they realize where I was coming from when I said "it didn't feel that fast."

The cop was cool. He set my bond at $500 instead of $1000 and told me he wasn't going to put the maximum penalty in my report. I'm not a cop so I don't know what that means, but I'm sure when I'm in court I'll find out. I was in the front seat of his cruiser and we talked about fishing on the ride to the jail. I even gave him the number of my bro-in-law who is a guide in Galveston. We swapped fishing stories and I told him of a couple "hot-spots" in West Bay since he said he didn't fish there that often.

Mike-SVT,
First off, you're correct. I was an idiot for going that fast whether I knew it or not. Also, I'd like to appologize if you think I've given a bad name to all riders. However, it wasn't like I was going that fast through a school zone dodging nine year olds. I was on a wide open stretch of an Interstate Highway with very few cars around and I decided to open it up a little. I got caught and now I'm going to face the consiquences. If the DA decides to prosecute and I get stuck with a suspended license and a fine then I only have myself to blame, nobody else. Hey, if my license doesn't get suspended, maybe we can meet up and go for a ride sometime!

Thanks guys.:beer:

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Now if only everyone had that attitude....

Good luck in court.

A few months ago, I was in my T/A, sped up to pass another Fbody. Turned out to be a cop and he wrote me for drag racing among (3) others. A lawyer, $1050 and 2 court dates later, I escaped unharmed. I did get 1yr supervision, but that wont be a problem. :)

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Jeez did everyone get worked up over this or what. He admitted his fault, is ready and willing to face any charges that might be dealt to him. Was it stupid? Yes it was, but he is far far away from being the only on this board to have ever severly broken the speed limit. Maybe this thread should be moved over to LS1.com, b/c the arguments in this post read just like the other flame fest threads there.:burn: :burn:

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
hell at least you didnt run that really pisses them off. Last time my friend and I were racing a cop decided he wanted to pull us over and we decided to run. Then you get caught, guns pointed at you, yelled at, put in the hard ass back seat of the cop car and if you are lucky get let go like my friend and I did or you get taken to jail like you did with out the running part. DONT RUN FROM THE COPS ITS VERY VERY BAD AND YOU CAN GET PUT IN JAIL FOR A LONG LONG TIME!

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Everyone does stupid things and has to live with the consequences of their actions. Spritle has done just that. He admitted his mistake and will pay the price for his actions. He isnt saying the cops were wrong or anything. So where is the problem?

werd!!!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Wow...that's what I call a bad day. Good luck w/ everything, Spritle.

BTW everyone, it maybe harsh sometimes but Scoriox says what's on his mind and I've always respected him for that. Personally, I feel bad about what happened to Spritle. After all, the VAST majority of us have done something which could have resulted in arrest :shrug:.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by Spritle

I was an idiot for going that fast whether I knew it or not. Also, I'd like to appologize if you think I've given a bad name to all riders. However, it wasn't like I was going that fast through a school zone dodging nine year olds. I was on a wide open stretch of an Interstate Highway with very few cars around and I decided to open it up a little. I got caught and now I'm going to face the consiquences. If the DA decides to prosecute and I get stuck with a suspended license and a fine then I only have myself to blame, nobody else. Hey, if my license doesn't get suspended, maybe we can meet up and go for a ride sometime!

Thanks guys.:beer:

:beer: :thumbsup: good post.

A

SVT Cobra

Established Member
if more people had such a positive attitude like you Spritle, breaking the law would be much more common... (just kidding) :D
i know how it is- 120mph isnt very fast all, especially on wide open highways on a supersport :thumbsup:
i wish you the best of the luck in court also :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread