Got a WRX (PSA)

Blades

Established Member
I got pretty good at tuning DSMLink after watching all the set up and how to videos on their website.

That software is powerful and guys have gone FAST using it.

I still want to slap a 4g63 into a rwd chassis with a a th350 behind it and build a cheap drag car that breaks tons of hearts.

I wonder if there is something similar for WRX..

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Time to start shopping for a giant wing. Saw this one on the way home yesterday. It was at the roofline and overlapped the trunk by a foot on either side. No rice machine is complete without.

jpeg.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if there is something similar for WRX..

I believe 2002 was the first year of the wrx in the states so it would have been OBD2.

Cobb had their tuning market cornered when it was first released with their flash device.

I’m sure something exists today but I know ECMLink doesn’t offer support.

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member
If you buy an AccessPort you can use their AccessTuner to tune. Otherwise You can use a Tactrix Cable and RomRaider. After that both LINK and Haltech make PnP standalones, those would be my go-to.

Blades

Established Member
I just got unequal length headers (Tomei). They're getting coated right now. Also replaced eBay CAI with Perrin short CAI. The shitty thing about these cars is that if you want to make power.. 600whp or so.. you need to drop a shitload of money into it. I also was offered a Focus RS (2017) for 32k.. used 10k miles.. I still think they're being silly with the prices.. I'd rather get a new 5.0 over the RS.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I just got unequal length headers (Tomei). They're getting coated right now. Also replaced eBay CAI with Perrin short CAI. The shitty thing about these cars is that if you want to make power.. 600whp or so.. you need to drop a shitload of money into it. I also was offered a Focus RS (2017) for 32k.. used 10k miles.. I still think they're being silly with the prices.. I'd rather get a new 5.0 over the RS.

why not switch to EL headers? you give up the rumble but they are better in every respect.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Oh hell no! You have to have UEL headers. a few more ponies be damned! That rumble is one of the better exhaust notes in the automotive world.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Oh hell no! You have to have UEL headers. a few more ponies be damned! That rumble is one of the better exhaust notes in the automotive world.

Exactly, 1st time I ever heard the WRX rumble, had to do a double take. I was like WTF, that just came from a Subaru?

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I was kind of hesitant to switch on mine but it still sounded bad ass. Like an angry rally car. The improvement in power across the band was phenomenal.

Blades

Established Member
I was recommended UEL by a Subaru guy.. Had I looked into it beyond people just saying UEL rules.. EL would've been my choice. I don't care for a trade off between sound and performance. I want everything tip-top. Oh well, headers look nice. It's so funny to have two "sides" of a 4cyl.. Everything is so bite size.. cams, heads, fuel rails.. very cute.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The thing with those is, if you ever need to pull the engine, you will just need a buddy and a good pair of gloves.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Man I miss my 2004. I am heading to cars.com right now.

Blades

Established Member
**** I paid 7022 for my bootleg 2002 WRX. Plus more in reg fees and repairs. Less miles tho. So dumb. Get it hissman.

I should note that this car does have a lot of upgrades.. it's a blast to drive. Gears are super super short. I'm actually writing this while sitting passenger in car.. While it is parked.. in my garage. Because I'm weird like that

Users who are viewing this thread