!!Got a ticket for no front plates !!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
kylez28 said:
LoL, I wouldn't doubt at all if that was why he cited them. Why would you even care if people had no front license plate? It effects you in no, way, shape, or form. It's not the law in some states to have a front license plate. AHEM UNITED STATES OF AMERICA :rollseyes

What are you four years old, ahem :rollseyes:

That is what is great about this country that each state gets to determine how it wants to govern itself, and in so they make their own traffic laws. There are no true Federal traffic laws.

A front license plate is used for the identification of a vehicle in the same way a rear plate is used.

Please grow up before posting in this forum again!

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
quick question about this though, how do they help out LEO's? (front plates that is) i would think if anything, youd mainly see the back plate anyway, as typically people are pulled over from the rear (?)

oldmodman

Established Member
Since this is a front plate discussion, I have a question.
If a car is registered in one of the rear plate only states, how do you handle a stop if the state it is driving through requires a front plate?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Since the vehicle would only be passing through or visiting for a short time it would be exempt from local (state) laws concerning front plates.

SEANGT

Established Member
It seems that vehicles are required to have a front license plate because if an officer was in front a suspicious vehicle and could not move to see his rear plate, then he could just run the plates from the front. Duh? Im not an LEO and I can figure that one out! :( -Sean

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
SEANGT said:
It seems that vehicles are required to have a front license plate because if an officer was in front a suspicious vehicle and could not move to see his rear plate, then he could just run the plates from the front. Duh? Im not an LEO and I can figure that one out! :( -Sean

You have way to much common sense to be here...............that is one of the very reasons why such plates are mandatory and serve a real purpose. :beer:

dpotter

Established Member
I'd like confirmation on the TX law as well.

FordSVTfan, I think KyleZ is a teenager, don't care anymore, he has an argumentative tone in every post I can recall... Seriously dude, check your tone or don't post.

I am showing my car in a local COPs show, pretty big turnout last year. I do not currently have the front plate mounted so I called the officer in charge of the show and asked him whether they would ticket me. His response was straightforward and brief, he said no, he would not cite me for not having the plate on at the show (after he asked if I was trailoring or driving, I said driving because the show is literally a 1/4 mile from my home). He said if was lying to him about how much I drive the car or where I live in proximity to the show he would remember that...as I honestly told him I maybe drive it 10 miles a week. He did say that if HE saw me on the streets w/o the front plate, he'd probably cite me for it though.

I asked the officer about the front plate law repeal in TX and he said he sure hoped it was not going to be repealed as they rely on the front plate for ID purposes. We joked that I had a pretty recognizeable car, not many color shifters in the area...

Anyway, good thread, for the most part.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
mswaim said:
You have way to much common sense to be here...............that is one of the very reasons why such plates are mandatory and serve a real purpose. :beer:
no need to be mean =/ i just would never see where you're in a situation where you're in front of a suspicious car (without being stopped, and if you were you probably cant see it as they're too close.. thats my experience anyway) and not able to see the back... i was just asking because i didnt think it would ever happen, i guess i was wrong. :shrug:

PDubs

Established Member
Front plate law is here to stay in Texas. It got past some level of government before they shot it down and decided to still require it.

davidsk5018

Established Member
I got a ticket in Texas for the same reason (San Antonio), and they would not dismiss it with a picture of the car with the plate on. It cost me $150, but I went to the judge, and she rolled her eyes about it, and said I didn't have to pay anything on it---but the ticket stuck.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
c0dy said:
no need to be mean =/ i just would never see where you're in a situation where you're in front of a suspicious car (without being stopped, and if you were you probably cant see it as they're too close.. thats my experience anyway) and not able to see the back... i was just asking because i didnt think it would ever happen, i guess i was wrong. :shrug:

No need to be mean? I'm sorry, I didn't "mean" to offend you. I'm going to give myself a timeout...................... :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
mswaim said:
No need to be mean? I'm sorry, I didn't "mean" to offend you. I'm going to give myself a timeout...................... :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

As you should!!!

Mark you are a bad bad man :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread