!!Got a ticket for no front plates !!!!

bluelx

badass stang
Established Member
I hardly take the car out , and the day i did i got a ticket for no front plates, right down the street from my house....boy that sucks ...well!!!! can i get it throw out or not..

Banned
take a pic of the car with the front plates, send it in with the ticket with not guilty. That worked for me.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
On what grounds would you expect the ticket to be dismissed? You didnt have a front plate and apparently it is required by law:shrug:

Pay the $37 and put on your front plate.

StangJason

Established Member
kylez28 said:
Pay the ticket, and keep it off, it's a non-moving violation.

If you don't want a front plate I second this statement. You hardly drive the car and I drove in Colorado for about 4 years without a cop ever noticing even after two tickets for speeding in my slow beater car :shrug:

Front tags are b.s. laws anyway just like seatbelt laws. Just to stand behind my seatbelt arguement I always wear mine but if someone chooses to be stupid and don't mind dying from a fenderbender it's their business IMO. Just another law to give out more tickets for or insurance companies to possibly profit from.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
This is total BS. I live in California and I swear that one in ten cars has no front plate. I sat at a light yesterday and counted 10 cars going by with no front plate! The cops just use this to harass people they don't like. I was at a car event not long ago and saw a cop going down the row of cars in the parking lot giving tickets to everyone with no front plate. I ask you, what's the point of that? These were expensive cars so I guess he was just POed that he couldn't afford one?! Who knows.

90Mustang

Established Member
badboy said:
This is total BS. I live in California and I swear that one in ten cars has no front plate. I sat at a light yesterday and counted 10 cars going by with no front plate! The cops just use this to harass people they don't like. I was at a car event not long ago and saw a cop going down the row of cars in the parking lot giving tickets to everyone with no front plate. I ask you, what's the point of that? These were expensive cars so I guess he was just POed that he couldn't afford one?! Who knows.

Thats kind of lame. What if you have a show car that you only trailor to shows?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
badboy said:

Heck, I can afford one (actually we have two) and I've written front plate citations, however I've not done so in parking lots. The fact one in ten cars does not have a plate only indicates they have not yet been stopped and reminded of the law. I guess if they parked in the right parking lot they would find out......... :beer:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I seriously doubt the officer cited them out of jealousy, perhaps he hates European-built sports cars, I know I do.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
badboy said:

I am sure that is exactly what it was! The officer said "I cant afford one of these cars, so I will ticket them all" :bored:

kylez28

Established Member
LoL, I wouldn't doubt at all if that was why he cited them. Why would you even care if people had no front license plate? It effects you in no, way, shape, or form. It's not the law in some states to have a front license plate. AHEM UNITED STATES OF AMERICA :rollseyes

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
kylez28 said:
LoL, I wouldn't doubt at all if that was why he cited them. Why would you even care if people had no front license plate? It effects you in no, way, shape, or form. It's not the law in some states to have a front license plate. AHEM UNITED STATES OF AMERICA :rollseyes

Maybe he cared since it is the law in California and they were in violation of said statute. The same country that provides you the freedom to challenge authority has also set rules to live by - one of them in this state is the requirement for a front plate. If you choose (you are free to choose) not to have one, then there are consequences. Remember, this is America and you can choose, I would suggest you choose wisely though, some choices make you look pretty stupid.............

Users who are viewing this thread