Got a shot at the new CTS-V

16kOrBust

Established Member
Great race and nice kill!

doubtful. if he bought himself a cts-v he is probably a car enthusiast and has some general knowledge of cars. he probably realized this guy has a decently modded cobra and got beat by a better car and (again im guessing) better driver.

Doubtful that he thinks he just got beat by a "better" car. Faster yes, but I would have a hard time believing someone who just bought a brand new CTS-V thinks some guy's Mustang Cobra is a "better" car considering he could have purchsed a couple of them for the price of his new Caddy.

Last edited:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I would but to each his own.

Lol a v6 body shell stuffed with a 4.6L S/C mod motor and a cheap interior vs a luxury car built on a high end platform with a better blower from the factory.

To each their own, and my own would be that the 03/04 cobra isn't even in the same class as the new CTS-V. Other then probably being a little faster when you start modding. Stock for Stock, the thing would blow the doors off the cobra while comfortably seating 4 adults with heated asswarmers :banana:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Lol a v6 body shell stuffed with a 4.6L S/C mod motor and a cheap interior vs a luxury car built on a high end platform with a better blower from the factory.

To each their own, and my own would be that the 03/04 cobra isn't even in the same class as the new CTS-V. Other then probably being a little faster when you start modding. Stock for Stock, the thing would blow the doors off the cobra while comfortably seating 4 adults with heated asswarmers :banana:

Well it probably wouldn't win if it had 4 passengers. It'd be pushing 4700 lbs if each passenger were 150 lbs.

mustangbee

Established Member
good kill, seems very realistic to me based on what you said...

most Vs puts down in the high 460s with low miles, with alot putting down in the 490s after break in..after 2000-3000 miles or so..

the V is a very good all around car, luxury, speed, and handling..

as odd as it seems the heavy V would take a dump on a new GT500 or a termi on the road course, despite being 400-500lbs heavier in the termi's case...its hard to believe, but their built for that, not to mention a 190mph car right off the showroom

FastLS6speed

Established Member
I love the new V's but still love mine just as much... Dont get me wrong I would take an M6 09 V any day...

Oh and whats up to PSM and Newskool.. lol Im startin to see you guys all over the place!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I love the new V's but still love mine just as much... Dont get me wrong I would take an M6 09 V any day...

Oh and whats up to PSM and Newskool.. lol Im startin to see you guys all over the place!

What are you doing over here? Brentman shows up every once in a while.:beer:

Great run DHG BULLITT. I still haven't seen one on the road. :(

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Well it probably wouldn't win if it had 4 passengers. It'd be pushing 4700 lbs if each passenger were 150 lbs.

It's was noting that while each car is capable of seating 4 passengers, the caddy can do it in comfort. Essentially anything the cobra can do stock, the caddy can do better.

That's why it's so damn expensive :D but no one said anything about price!

Though you know what... with a sizeable HP advantage it has, I would actually be interested to see a race with the caddy loaded with 3 passengers vs the cobra with just 1 passenger (4 people vs 2 people).

Though I'm not sure what kind of ceiling your looking at engine strength wise with the CTS-V though. As they are so far out of my price range, haven't done much in depth research. I wonder if they have a hard time giving it more pulley because of LS motors front drive setup?

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
lol I didnt know you had a home over here too! haha nice! I have long work days so it makes it easy for me to bounce across a few forums.

This site is awsome. The pics/video section always has good stuff and smack down is great.

Users who are viewing this thread