Got a shot at the new CTS-V

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Meant to post this back on Sunday when it happened. I was on the way back from visiting the parents in town when I ran across a black CTS-V (new body style) heading up on 35. He didn't seem to want to do anything so I kept on moving along and left him a few cars back as I sped back up to 70.

Later on I see him flying up my left as we get onto the newly paved section of the highway and he slows in the left.

We both slowed to 50 and let traffic in front clear out. He nailed it and I chased in 3rd. He got about 1/2 a car out when I hit my powerband and I stopped his pull and started reeling on him, shut down about half way through 4th around 120 and had pulled back ahead and his nose was at my rear bumper.

Fast little car, and if you have your window down you can hear the stock blower going at it, although not quite as loud as a screaming heaton.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Good runs...
They weigh about 500 more lbs than you and make about 480.xx rwhp stock..
So the race you described sounds about right with your powel levels.....

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
nice, where in TX you located?
DFW

nice..wish you got to go heads up!!
Would've been nice but it squeezes down to 2 lanes and the asphalt gets a bit choppy so we had to shut them off.

Good runs...
They weigh about 500 more lbs than you and make about 480.xx rwhp stock..
So the race you described sounds about right with your powel levels.....

Yeah I think the faster we had gone the more I would've left him. That thing looks like a driving wall in the rearview, I can't imagine that the air finds a way around that thing very easily not to mention it's a heavy sucker as well.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that the Caddy driver was PISSED that he got smoked by a 'Stang....LOL

pyrocrazy

Established Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that the Caddy driver was PISSED that he got smoked by a 'Stang....LOL

doubtful. if he bought himself a cts-v he is probably a car enthusiast and has some general knowledge of cars. he probably realized this guy has a decently modded cobra and got beat by a better car and (again im guessing) better driver.

earl lee

Established Member
doubtful. if he bought himself a cts-v he is probably a car enthusiast and has some general knowledge of cars. he probably realized this guy has a decently modded cobra and got beat by a better car and (again im guessing) better driver.

I wouldnt say better, faster yeah.

ModularFan

Established Member
Good Kill, any kind of LS powered car is worth a race, those LSA are no joke, they're basically a ZR1 engine with a little less litered S/C 1.9 compared to a 2.3L on the ZR1.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Funny dude I had almost the same run in with a CTS-V the other day. Good kill. Here's my post on LS1 Tech.

On my way home from today, I'm doing about 80 in the left lane. A black car comes up fast in the rear view. Traffic breaks slightly and the guy pulls to the right and hangs next to me. He hits it a little and then falls back to an 80 roll. We both go for it at the same time and I jump 2 cars as the auto downshifts and pulls some rpm. I couldn't believe it he stays to cars until about 130 where my centrifical supercharger starts cranking the boost up. I glance at the boost gauge and it's hitting 11 lbs. I pull another car length and shut down at 145. Given enough time and road and my 4.10's I think this guy would have caught up. As we slow to about 60 he gives me the thumbs up and asks "how much RWHP"? I tell him and he tells me he has 550. I am not sure if he meant rear wheel or flywheel. Now my car is not a high speed runner but it pulls pretty good until redline in 4th. I was really suprised that cadi stayed with me like that. Thing was bad. Really would like to know if it was modded and what was done.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yeah I think the faster we had gone the more I would've left him. That thing looks like a driving wall in the rearview, I can't imagine that the air finds a way around that thing very easily not to mention it's a heavy sucker as well.

They run 190 stock, so they can't be too much of a brick.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Why the hell do people always say this all the time with the luxu-fast cars :nonono: If I had the V and I lost to a Termi, why would I be pissed? Makes no sense at all :nonono:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Good kill and good race. And I doubt the Caddy owner would be pissed. A stock CTS-V 4 door luxury car hanging with a lightly modded muscle car is pretty respectable if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread