Got a pssobile offer on my ride. Thoughts?

chao5.0

Established Member
You are correct in that I have a lot into this. You must have missed my other posts :)
This
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA

oh the hellcat and Z28 are both nice, I just don't know if they are worth their asking price nice. judging by the price of the current SRT lineup I'm guessing the hellcat is going to be in the 70k range, for that price for me their are better options like used Porsche's, vipers, etc. unless you need a backseat then yeah I can then see the hellcat, but your car is a short block away from turning up the boost and tearing the hellcat a new one.

4VFTW

Established Member
for $40k I will buy a TVS and install it on my car just to sell to him.

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
oh the hellcat and Z28 are both nice, I just don't know if they are worth their asking price nice. judging by the price of the current SRT lineup I'm guessing the hellcat is going to be in the 70k range, for that price for me their are better options like used Porsche's, vipers, etc. unless you need a backseat then yeah I can then see the hellcat, but your car is a short block away from turning up the boost and tearing the hellcat a new one.

True. Thx

vortecd

Established Member
I have seen the hellcat up close and would still take my GT over it, but that is me

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I have seen the hellcat up close and would still take my GT over it, but that is me
Don't get me wrong I love my car. I just was wondering what U guys thought I could get for it since I have a possible offer. Doesn't mean I'm jumping on it.

2012GTCS

Established Member
Im in the same boat. Thinking of upgrading my 12 to a 14. Got an offer on my 2012 and a steal on a loaded 14. Worried about the 15 killing things. But whatever

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
That's on you if you want to sell it or not. Once that 15 hits the market your car will tank in value.

not really. when i had my 3v, i checked NADA every week. 3v values held steady through 2012. once the 13-14 redesign hit the 3v values tanked...HARD.

I've been doing the same thing with my 13. its literally appreciated 1.3k since the 15's release. i have no plans to sell my 13, but i think because the 15 is such a departure in format for the mustang the last of the SRA cars and in particular the 13-14 cars will hold steady in value.

OP, take 40k and run to the bank and deposit it. then go get another 14.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
The guy that offered that $$ may be stoned, if you can get that for a 14 GT, take that offer and RUN!

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
If you're wanting to get out of your car, then that's a great offer. I personally don't like the direction that Dodge and Chevy continue to go in regards to engine technology. I think that the 5.0 is an amazingly good motor to build because I like high and fast revving motors better than low revving, lazy motors.

More than once, I've had someone say something like, "I bet you wish you had a Shelby instead." Honestly, I don't. They are hands down faster stock for stock, but I want to build a high powered NA motor that revs high. The 5.0 is without a doubt the better motor for that. If I wanted FI, a low compression 5.0 will make power more easily than the Trinity motor. The only area where Ford has needed serious change to best the competition is the SRA.

The Mustang is lighter and has a better engine, so throw a Watt's link on that rear axle, and you have an all around better package than what Dodge's and Chevy's muscle cars have to offer in my opinion. You have to decide what you like better, but I do think that $40K is a fair offer if you're ready for a change.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
It isn't like you can sell you car and go over to the local Dodge dealer and pick up a Hellcat for a good deal tomorrow. I would wait until spring and see where things are. 40k might be a good price, but it's just because everyone is used to getting raped on their mods when the sell.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
If you're wanting to get out of your car, then that's a great offer. I personally don't like the direction that Dodge and Chevy continue to go in regards to engine technology. I think that the 5.0 is an amazingly good motor to build because I like high and fast revving motors better than low revving, lazy motors.

More than once, I've had someone say something like, "I bet you wish you had a Shelby instead." Honestly, I don't. They are hands down faster stock for stock, but I want to build a high powered NA motor that revs high. The 5.0 is without a doubt the better motor for that. If I wanted FI, a low compression 5.0 will make power more easily than the Trinity motor. The only area where Ford has needed serious change to best the competition is the SRA.

The Mustang is lighter and has a better engine, so throw a Watt's link on that rear axle, and you have an all around better package than what Dodge's and Chevy's muscle cars have to offer in my opinion. You have to decide what you like better, but I do think that $40K is a fair offer if you're ready for a change.

Thanks. Don't WANT to get out of my car, just was wondering what everyone thought of a "hey would you take $40 on it..." I love my car and its taken me a lot of coin and almost a year to get it to where its at now.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
It isn't like you can sell you car and go over to the local Dodge dealer and pick up a Hellcat for a good deal tomorrow. I would wait until spring and see where things are. 40k might be a good price, but it's just because everyone is used to getting raped on their mods when the sell.

Yes more like butt raped on the mods. I'm probably not doing anything with it at this point. I could wait another year or two and see how these new lead sleds do and go from there.

Thanks to all

Users who are viewing this thread