Got a pssobile offer on my ride. Thoughts?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
A friend of a friend is interested in my car and threw out a number of $40k.

I've done zero research but was hoping to see what you all thought about it. I'm not sure I want to let it go but for the right price I'd highly consider it.
All mods in signature except tint, Stillen splitter, shift knob.

Current mileage 2,800

thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Clipboard

Established Member
That's on you if you want to sell it or not. Once that 15 hits the market your car will tank in value.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I realize it's on me. For the right price anything is for sale. Thought I could get some real world feedback. That's all

Rct851

Established Member
Without the mods the cat is worth about 27k I'd assume so your getting 13k for used mods... Take that money

Ill_W1N

Established Member
you're still losing money in the long run no matter what. I'm guessing by your mods you probably have 12k+ in mods. So you're 50k into your car selling for 40k for a 1 year old car.... Do you have a car you want instead of what you have? 15? used shelby? Question is really if your happy with what you have. But even if you sell it and buy another gt your just going to end up in the same boat dumping another 10+k into mods again starting over. I say keep your car unless you upgrade to a shelby. You can always get a decent amount for your mods if you take them off then sell it later on down the road. I don't think the 15 will hurt the resale price of the 11-14 that much like everyone thinks.

chao5.0

Established Member
you're still losing money in the long run no matter what. I'm guessing by your mods you probably have 12k+ in mods. So you're 50k into your car selling for 40k for a 1 year old car.... Do you have a car you want instead of what you have? 15? used shelby? Question is really if your happy with what you have. But even if you sell it and buy another gt your just going to end up in the same boat dumping another 10+k into mods again starting over. I say keep your car unless you upgrade to a shelby. You can always get a decent amount for your mods if you take them off then sell it later on down the road. I don't think the 15 will hurt the resale price of the 11-14 that much like everyone thinks.

I agree with this, although even with his mods I wouldn't consider a GT500 that much of a upgrade over his car with its mods other than its a Shelby. if I had his car the only way I'd sell is if I was going to upgrade to something like a Viper or something to that level, not for another mustang because he has a well modded car now that will compete with 95% of whatever he will find on the street and it seems pretty plush with the options.

'14 Shelby

Established Member

I figured I'd lose some cash on it. I love my car! BUT I'm such an adulterer speaking this in this forum is borderline blasphemy.
The new Hellcat is one bad mutha Fckn ride and I want it!

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I agree with this, although even with his mods I wouldn't consider a GT500 that much of a upgrade over his car with its mods other than its a Shelby. if I had his car the only way I'd sell is if I was going to upgrade to something like a Viper or something to that level, not for another mustang because he has a well modded car now that will compete with 95% of whatever he will find on the street and it seems pretty plush with the options.

Thanks for (what I think are) compliments. I originally wanted a Shelby but got d!cked around by a couple dealers.

chao5.0

Established Member
Thanks for (what I think are) compliments. I originally wanted a Shelby but got d!cked around by a couple dealers.

they are compliments, you have a lot of money and work into your car would you honestly sell it for another mustang? even if it is a Shelby, unless that is you really want a Shelby and this was just meant to hold you over till you got one, but then why put all that money into modding it if your intentions were just to sell it for a higher model?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
they are compliments, you have a lot of money and work into your car would you honestly sell it for another mustang? even if it is a Shelby, unless that is you really want a Shelby and this was just meant to hold you over till you got one, but then why put all that money into modding it if your intentions were just to sell it for a higher model?

You are correct in that I have a lot into this. You must have missed my other posts :)
This
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA

Users who are viewing this thread