Got a new DD

SCARNECK

Established Member
So I went and got ride of my $150 VW Euro van Beater and traded it in today for this 2009 Cobalt SS... Yes it's the turbo charged one and I couldn't be happier with my new dd.

Does anyone know any good cobalt forums? or parts sites?

112_1375.jpg

112_1377.jpg

112_1376.jpg

112_1380.jpg

112_1379.jpg

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Very nice buy! I like the supercharged Cobalts, but the turbo ones definitely kicked it up a notch.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I had a Cobalt LT as a DD years ago..I liked it a lot. Good mpg and it was cheap. I wouldnt mind having a 4D Cobalt SS if they make one.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
nice cars, but the SS's ride quality is on par with a 90's civic with cut springs.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The Cobalt SS Network

Congrats on the car!:beer: I can't say it's my favorite car, but it's not the worst I've owned either.

Get a simple tune and you'll be around 290hp/330tq @ 22psi. IMO, stay away from the super high boost tunes (27+psi). They seem to be messing up some pistons.

**Keep a close eyeball on your rear brakes. Specifically the inside. Apparantly this is somewhat of a problem on many cars with the 'slide pins' not being lubed, which basically means the brake pad doesn't adjust as it wears and the caliper ends up digging into the inside of the brake rotors - just like it has done to mine at 7,500 miles. Plenty of meat left on the brake pads, but I need new rear rotors. Hopefully it'll be covered under warranty.:shrug:

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
nice cars, but the SS's ride quality is on par with a 90's civic with cut springs.

It does pretty well on the track in SCCA T3 though. CTS-Vs had a rough ride too but oh well.

PS: Nothing rides as bad as a 90s civic with cut springs that bounce down the street with junkyard wheels because the cheap ones broke.....:beer:

Common

Established Member
Absolutely the best handling car in that price range and actually competetive with those in higher up price range as well. Stout engines too!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My neighbor has a white one and it's a quick little car. Ran a best of 14.1 stock his first time out, but ran mostly 14.7's throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread