Got a Header Question guys some advice

dtonesfan

Established Member
Ok im looking at replacing my MAC LT's with some SLP LT's but on there web site they only say there compatible with 03/04 cobra and Mach 1. Also they have 1 3/4" PRIMARYS and all i can find for 99/01 are 1 5/8". will the SLP's Work? And will they bolt up to a Prochamber with no problems. I want some 1 3/4" cermamic coated headers that are worth the money and NO BBK!! I also wont 86 my ProChamber i love it.

Thanks for your help ive heard some scary stories on the MAC LT's and want to replace them

Last edited:

Tremor

NO MERCY
Ok im looking at replacing my MAC LT's with some SLP LT's but on there web site they only say there compatible with 03/04 cobra and Mach 1. Also they have 1 3/4" PRIMARYS and all i can find for 99/01 are 1 5/8". will the SLP's Work? And will they bolt up to a Prochamber with no problems. I want some 1 3/4" cermamic coated headers that are worth the money and NO BBK!! I also wont 86 my ProChamber i love it.

Thanks for your help ive heard some scary stories on the MAC LT's and want to replace them

Do you currently have the mac lt's on your cobra ? If you do just keep them and look into some other mod.

I have also heard those stories regarding mac's lt's. But you should be fine with there new model lt's.

Im sure we have some members with mac and they can chime in.

-Jose

slick4_6

Established Member
The scary stories on MAC LT's are because of slag in the headers and if you have any miles on them with no problems, you should be good to go now. The problems used to start pretty soon after installation when everyone had their problems with MAC.

dtonesfan

Established Member
Ya they came with the car when i bought it but i believe they might be leaking cause i hear a slight ticking noise on the drivers side and its not my engine cause its got a JBA American iron series race motor all forged. When i cover up the driver side tail pipe the tick gets louder. it must be a leak

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Don't count on that prochamber fitting. I learned with exhausts its best you have a matching brand X/H pipe to fit because everyone's long tubes are different.

Nazman

Established Member

Go with a 1 3/4 Primary with a 2 1/2 Collector.

Yes, they will fit your 99-01 no problem.

I got did the test fit for SLP on the 99-01 Cobras with thier "03-04 design". They will fit great and they are a great header!

Naz

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Yup, agree with Nazman, EXCEPT, if you run your EGR, you'll need to modify it. We had to do some fancy bending to make it all fit together. Now I'm at the point where I just want to delete my EGR cause it makes me nervous.

But, the SLP's are amazing! Very well built and tough design. Plus they tuck into the car very nicely.

JDrake

Established Member
I wouldnt waste your money by "upgrading" to slp, mac makes great power and they really fixed thier sh*t after the slag problems, they are great quality now.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I wouldnt waste your money by "upgrading" to slp, mac makes great power and they really fixed thier sh*t after the slag problems, they are great quality now.

I will have to agree. I haven't heard of any issues with their headers for quite some time.. Not to mention, if you don't have problems now, you won't. I've had great luck with the MAC products I've purchased. Put your money towards a PSR from Nazman!

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Yup, agree with Nazman, EXCEPT, if you run your EGR, you'll need to modify it. We had to do some fancy bending to make it all fit together. Now I'm at the point where I just want to delete my EGR cause it makes me nervous.
But, the SLP's are amazing! Very well built and tough design. Plus they tuck into the car very nicely.

I will second that. They sound great and have way more clearance then my Kooks do

SlowSVT

Established Member
The 1 5/8" primary will probably give better low and mid-range power due to better scavenging effect by the higher exhaust velocity which will increase the negative pressure wave at that RPM level. The 1 3/4" should be better at high RPM. On the street I think you will get more benefit from the 1 5/8" primaries because your engine will spend most of it's time at that rev range and should give you a fatter torque curve.

Users who are viewing this thread