Gords Heat Exchanger

JymBart

Established Member
Thinking of getting one,...... wondering who has bought one, best price, and how hard it was to install? Is this a bolt in mod? How would you "rate" it? Would you have bought another brand? Any photos?

JymBart

Boosted 03

Established Member
Got mine from Amazon. Very happy. I got mine with the fan bracket in case I upgrade to twin fans in the future. You can't beat the Customer service at Amazon. :banana:

Jpjr

Established Member
The Gords-Ford unit is widely considered the best H/E for our cars.. but also the most expensive. I bought an LFP myself, because I couldn't justify the cost of the Gords-Ford all things considered. If you have a lump of cash though that is the one to get.

JymBart

Established Member
Lfp

Jpjr said:
The Gords-Ford unit is widely considered the best H/E for our cars.. but also the most expensive. I bought an LFP myself, because I couldn't justify the cost of the Gords-Ford all things considered. If you have a lump of cash though that is the one to get.

Did you do the install yourself? What do you think of the quality of the LFP? The LFP is on sell now for $299.00 + $10.00 shipping, and seems like a good deal.

Overall, are you happy with the LFP or do you wish you got the Gords?
Any other imput?

JymBart

Jpjr

Established Member
JymBart said:
Did you do the install yourself? What do you think of the quality of the LFP? The LFP is on sell now for $299.00 + $10.00 shipping, and seems like a good deal.

Overall, are you happy with the LFP or do you wish you got the Gords?
Any other imput?

JymBart

I did all the research.. unless your drag racing your car *regularly*, you do not need any more than the LFP IMO. I'm very happy with the purchase as its a great performer and the best priced. No drilling on the install. A little stretching of hoses.. but a 1 man 2 hour install more/less. Much less if you've done it before.

The Gords unit has fans so if you are really hard core and have $700 lying around for a heat-exchanger.. then its a great product. The LFP will do the job though, I've read too many positive reviews to think otherwise.

Boosted 03

Established Member
I installed the Gords myself in about 2 hours, (on my back with no jacks). I bought the Gords because I wanted the biggest I could get, I did'nt want to buy another and wish I had gotten the Gords later on. I do feel that the LFP is more than enough for a street car. I've seen the LFP in person and it's a beautiful piece. You can't go wrong either way. Good Luck!

Boosted 03

Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
Gords is definately the best. You get what you pay for. Why settle for anything less. If you cant afford the mods then you should have gotten a civic. I ordered it from gord.

http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/

Wow, that's pretty harsh!
The lfp is a quality piece. You do get what you pay for, but the LFP is efficient and I only bought the Gords because it was the biggest and I had the money at the time. I'm glad he did'nt buy a civic, bec ause even in stock form this is another 03/04 cobra on the roads representing. Ease up. :pop:

RiffRaff04

Established Member
I got the LFP myself. I agree with Jpjr on this one, unless you are a regular at the tracks I wouldnt go with it just b/c of the cost. But what everyone says it is the best one out. Im still very happy with my LFP though. Like they said though a little stretching of the hoses is needed but its nothing too hard (even me as a noob was able to do it) either way you go you should be happy. Good luck!

LCCOBRA

Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
Gords is definately the best. You get what you pay for. Why settle for anything less. If you cant afford the mods then you should have gotten a civic. I ordered it from gord.

http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/

Well said :thumbsup: good he and it is the best out their. Little harsh with the can't afford part but maybe people budget what $$ they buy parts with?? I look at it this way if a good one is about $300 then why not get the best for $400.. Getting a he is worth the $$ imop

Last edited:

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
I ordered a Gords....I was told it would be here wednesday...

It'll be going on this weekend....

I'll make sure to take some before and afters...

JymBart

Established Member
Lfp

Just thought I`d share this one with you all. I called LFP today and talked to Mark. He`s told me that 2005 wiil bring a fan kit for the heat exchanger and a larger intercooler reservoir tank. I was told the fan kit will be under $200.00

BTW I own a `94 Cobra & the `03. Over the years I`ve gained a ton of "good & "bad" info from these boards. I certainly appreciate all the good feedback, it will "help" in making my decision.

To "drkchk03svt saying "If you cant afford the mods then you should have gotten a civic." Let`s just say that with the "Mods" I`ve made to the `94 which includes a KB, and the money I`ve spent on the `03 perhaps I could of gotten more than just a few "civics" , ........... but then I`d be a "Ricer"

JymBart

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Boosted 03 said:
Wow, that's pretty harsh!
The lfp is a quality piece. You do get what you pay for, but the LFP is efficient and I only bought the Gords because it was the biggest and I had the money at the time. I'm glad he did'nt buy a civic, bec ause even in stock form this is another 03/04 cobra on the roads representing. Ease up. :pop:

lol.....I was joking with you guys! lol. I bought gords only for one reason. I liked it.. It does not matter what other people like. Its only an opinion. Get what suits your needs the most.

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
I think it is more than a cost/value formula. If the LFP is adequate and it weighs less this too is also a factor. Terminators are heavy, especially in the front end. Bigger heat exchanger means more fluid @ about 8 lbs/gal.

All depends on a variety of factors what is best.

:pop:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The Gords is the ULTIMATE !!
It was designed because he likes to Open Track his car...
To do 4 or 5 twenty minute road race sessions with lots of Full Throttle and not get intercooler heat soak is a testimony to the Gords design, and quality!!!

Till I get the cash...

I'll have to let off on the straights and up shift to 5th or 6th to cool the car down... running the tiny little "crash test" stocker... and stock rad too...

If road racing or open track is not on the menu...
Then the others start to be more "workable"...

There are many that are a huge improvement over stock!!!

But .....
"Words mean things"

And I am not aware of a unit other than the (fans equipped) Gords...

That could be called "THE BEST"

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread