GoPro wind noise

Masonb5

Established Member
Just got my GoPro Hero2 and took it out for a test run. The wind noise is amazingly bad, compared to what i've heard on other videos. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the aftermarked windscreens with success, and if there are any that are recommended. Thanks.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Mine came with 2 back covers. 1 is sealed completely to be water tight and for wind speed above 110mph and the 2ed one has an open back for speeds under 110. I allways use the closed one no matter what. It will still pick up the sound of the car without a lot of wind noise.

silverstang23

Established Member
Mine came with 2 back covers. 1 is sealed completely to be water tight and for wind speed above 110mph and the 2ed one has an open back for speeds under 110. I allways use the closed one no matter what. It will still pick up the sound of the car without a lot of wind noise.

Same here. I almost always use the closed housing and don't have much wind noise. I always use it for "extreme" stuff where it could get wet so I don't trust the open back housing.

I usually end up deleting the audio any how because it's so terrible and just use no audio or music

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Mine was bad too but I recently bought the LCD screen which comes with different covers and now it's not so bad anymore.

Masonb5

Established Member
^ LOL that would prolly help. I've been using the closed one and mounting it on the drivers side front fender. Gonna try a couple other spots that maybe the wind will be deflected and see of that works.

Users who are viewing this thread