GoPro: Offroad running with my Cummins

Ronin5.O

Established Member
I decided to do a little bit of offroad driving with my roomate today. He has a 1500 Hemi, and I brought out my 06 Cummins. These videos were shot towards the end of our outing once we got to the high speed sections.

Enjoy...

In this first vid I was running down a fairly rough rock covered trail, got up to about 60 mph. Towards the end of the video I came upon a large pot hole in the road, tried to avoid it but clipped it with my drivers side front BFG and kicked my rear towards the ditch, luckily I was able to maintain.

[youtube_browser]3VU4sBTXr_w[/youtube_browser]

This trail was mostly gravel/hard pack. I hit 70+ in the high speed sections, 45mph on the slow parts. The last few turns being down hill and gravel meant the tail got a bit loose towards the end.

[youtube_browser]SwGweddxRIc[/youtube_browser]

Heres my wannabe Raptor:
bcece28f.jpg

Last edited:

Ronin5.O

Established Member
Thanks! :beer:

Yeah NV is fun, there are fairly smooth trails that run for miles all over this place. Can't wait till I can afford the rest of the KORE suspension setup, then she might just see some air :pepper:

19Mystic96

Established Member
Thanks! :beer:

Yeah NV is fun, there are fairly smooth trails that run for miles all over this place. Can't wait till I can afford the rest of the KORE suspension setup, then she might just see some air :pepper:

Cool vids man.. Where in NV is that? I've got a prerunner ranger want to take out there.. Any good places in particular?

Ronin5.O

Established Member
Cool vids man.. Where in NV is that? I've got a prerunner ranger want to take out there.. Any good places in particular?

Thanks! They were taken in some valleys north/northwest of Reno. There are a bunch of fun places around here you can run your ranger. Antelope Valley, just west of Pyramid Lake has some great straight aways and some whoop sections. East of Reno, just north of Fernley there are trails you can run on for miles and miles too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that looked to be a lot of fun. Do you get out there on the trails often? Awesome country out there.

Ronin5.O

Established Member
Thanks guys! :beer:

It was a blast, that area lets you go pretty fast which I prefer over rock crawling personally. I usually make it out every other week or so, we are so close to the trails (20-30 mins) that sometimes we'll even go out on weekdays/nights after work. We normally run through Antelope valley tho because there are less rocks and the dirt is more loose, making the hoonage even more entertaining. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread