Gopro external mic test. 2011 blown gt

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
[youtube_browser]bi1dndT8whY[/youtube_browser]

Weather was cool and I just got an external mic for my gopro so I had to try it out. The mic is an audio technica 3350.. Its a $20 mic but it seems to work pretty well.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bad ass 5.0! Sounds better with the mic on the rear bumper

applecarguy

Established Member
thats a pretty good mic for $20. I might have to pick one of those up for my go pro. How did u mount it to your bumper and did u have to get a different case to be able to plug in the mic?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Damn your car sounds awesome coming and going! I'd be scared hearing that BOV if I was your competition, lol.

JpL4K3

Established Member
Awesome vid! much better than the first. Thanks for this, makes me more excited to get my Paxton kit installed once it arrives. Keep em coming!

You worried at all about the stock oil pump gears hitting the rev limiter like that?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
thanks guys.

i drilled a hole on the gopro case in order to connect the mic adapter. it is not waterproof anymore but i dont plan on diving with it. the microphone has an alligator clip so you clamp it to anything. i clamped it to my license plate.

as far as oil pump gears i am not to worried. the rev limiter is not as bad as the factory. i have an n2mb wot box and the rev limiter is controlled by cutting spark so it is very smooth. currently have it set at 7400rpm. btw you could also see my little blue shiftlight on the video. that is also part of the n2mb wot box i highly recommend one for everyone.

jsonic

Established Member
Awesome. Ive been looking for an external mic for my GoPro. Looks like i found the one.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Damn nice sound and video. Man know how to drive!
Might want to try the 295 55 15 hoosiers. I had the MTs and when i tryed the hoosier tire it was a lot better. Lighter tire and much better grip. Just a suggestion

JpL4K3

Established Member
thanks guys.

i drilled a hole on the gopro case in order to connect the mic adapter. it is not waterproof anymore but i dont plan on diving with it. the microphone has an alligator clip so you clamp it to anything. i clamped it to my license plate.

as far as oil pump gears i am not to worried. the rev limiter is not as bad as the factory. i have an n2mb wot box and the rev limiter is controlled by cutting spark so it is very smooth. currently have it set at 7400rpm. btw you could also see my little blue shiftlight on the video. that is also part of the n2mb wot box i highly recommend one for everyone.

what? :shrug:

93_408_LX

Established Member
That was a sick video and nice shifts! I found that when I added the external mic to my gopro for our videos it changed everything, makes everything sound fantastic!

klr16G

Established Member
Sounds good but that motor wont last long bouncing the crap out of it at red line every time... buddy of mine is a hard driver like you and his stock 5.0 with full bolts on did not last long...

Alensvsix

Established Member
What a cool video...so sick, loving it!
I was also considering the Go Pro...great cam and mic , awesome shifting...wow!

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm guessing this is a wired mic? How did you run the cable? I need to pick up an external mic for my go pro eventually, this one sounds really good.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
what? :shrug:

what dont you get buddy?

Sounds good but that motor wont last long bouncing the crap out of it at red line every time... buddy of mine is a hard driver like you and his stock 5.0 with full bolts on did not last long...
ah we will see. again the rev limiter is very smooth. i am not worried about it hitting the limiter. if it goes it will be because of the high rpm more than anything else.

I'm guessing this is a wired mic? How did you run the cable? I need to pick up an external mic for my go pro eventually, this one sounds really good.
the audio technica 3350 mic comes with a 20feet long cable. you have enough wire to put it anywhere in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread