Google showing Ford page for 2017 GT500

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
Saw something on my news page that Google was showing 2 different new pages on the ford site for 2017 GT500, Looked and sure enough was true, also says 5.8L in brief description under the one link. I took screen shots.

jshen

Established Member
it is posted on MotorAuthority.com

"Something interesting happens when you type “GT500” into Google’s search box.

One of the first items to show up is “2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 | The Cobra of Performance Cars” as an item on Ford Motor Company’s [NYSE:F] website.

Clicking through the link takes you to the 2017 Mustang landing page.

It’s possible that the search result could simply be a database remnant of the previous-generation Shelby GT500, but then we know Ford is working on a new Mustang range-topper expected to revive the nameplate. (We’ve also heard Mach 1 is a possibility.)

2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 spy shots - Image via S. Baldauf/SB-Medien

Enlarge Photo

If accurate, it means a new Shelby GT500 could be landing much sooner than previously thought—as a 2017 model instead of a 2018.

Prototypes for the car have been spotted near Ford test centers in Michigan. The vehicles suggest that the Mustang range-topper will get a unique front section with an aggressive splitter, widened track and power bulge on the hood.

The prototypes also wore massive Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires and beefy Brembos with cross-drilled rotors. The rear of the vehicles matched the design of the Shelby GT350R but with a larger wing mounted to the trunk lid."

Thanks for the tip, Garry Pandher.

DepWraith

Established Member
Like I posted before, was going to be a 2017 release for the GT500 anniversary but they ran into some engineering issues. Look for a limited 2018 1/2 release followed by a full model year after that.

Users who are viewing this thread