Goodyear it is

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Eh, that's not very good. If it can outlap a boss ls on those tires then Jesus it'll be a beast on good tires.

I plan to throw bfg rivals/dr's and 19/20" tsw nurburgrings on mine the first week.

I'll probably order it with the all season tire combo unless it negates suspension/track pack stuff to do so.

I want brembos and the better stock suspension, but I'll probably end up replacing the suspension with maximum motorsports or something similar.

viperakron

Established Member
Something wrong with an AMERICAN tire? Eagles are as good or better than anything out there!

KILRSVT

Established Member
The Goodyear speecar tires are ok ... However there are far more better tires. I would prefer it had Michelin pilots sports on it but to be honest Goodyear probably have them a hell of a deal

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Ha I built this tire last night at work. Not gonna go into how crappy they are though. And yes goodyear did get a nice contract with them and the one on the GT500.

Shaun@AED

Goodyear > Perrelli

Unless the road was hot the Perrelli's on my GT were just plain dangerous, and they are just as sketchy in cold weather on my 2013 F150.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Goodyear > Perrelli

Unless the road was hot the Perrelli's on my GT were just plain dangerous, and they are just as sketchy in cold weather on my 2013 F150.

This I agree with, but they aren't as good as MPSS and thats what the 500 should have come with.

stangfreak

Established Member
Goodyear > Perrelli

The good years that came stock on my 03 cobra weren't any better. Those things were hard as a rock and were junk.

LostPony

Established Member
Mustang6g is reporting Goodyear on EcoBoost and V6, and Pirelli on GT. Also pics of the G.T.350 that are going around show 295/19 Pirelli tires.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I must say the Goodyear Tire sure does look good. It looks like a slick with just enough grooves to be street legal. In what aspect are the Pile and MPSS better ? Are the others better for drag racing or handling ?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I must say the Goodyear Tire sure does look good. It looks like a slick with just enough grooves to be street legal. In what aspect are the Pile and MPSS better ? Are the others better for drag racing or handling ?

I can only speak for Michelin, but they have far better tire technology (materials & processes) than GY. There is a reason why they tend to dominate endurance/road racing.

Shaun@AED

I can only speak for Michelin, but they have far better tire technology (materials & processes) than GY. There is a reason why they tend to dominate endurance/road racing.

Not for the Truck world IMO.
Michelins tend to have softer sidewalls and that means a better ride quality. I ran Michelin 275/65/20 (stock superduty size) LTX AT2's on my diesel truck. 30K miles and 2.5 years and I loved them. Great ride, great wear, no real issues....until I took them off-road for the first time. Very easy off road trail (did not need 4x4) and when I came back I noticed a knot in the sidewall of one of the tires. The layers in the tire had separated causing a bubble in the sidewall. The sidewalls were also showing some cracking from weather. I kept 70-80psi in them at all times.

Given the tires had over 1/2 tread depth left, but were now considered dangerous I switched to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S in the same size and never looked back. Ride was a little stiffer, but it's a truck. In the dry and in the wet no significant difference in driving characteristics or traction/braking.

Of course that has nothing to do with their Performance Car Tires. I'm sure the MPSS are excellent tires, but Ford is a US brand, they should run US tires IMO.

USA > France
:beer:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
man so france makes better tires (michelin) and better OIL (motul) than the USA?

lol

Users who are viewing this thread