Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Tires installed

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
These tires are great.

I can use first and second gear again. The ride is better, the road noise is reduced.

They are the same size 275/40/17 as stock, but are actually a little wider. I saw them on the ground side by side with the old ones.

Highly recommend them.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I can't wait for spring so I can put mine back on. Wait'll you use them in the rain. I think you will be impressed. :)

MTI LS1

I was looking at getting the GS-D3's but got a killer deal on some Nittos. Is 275 the biggest that you can fit on the stock rim.

Sly: Kinda off the subject, but what kind of work do you do next to Westlake? I go to school there and was just wondering. I always see you in the morning, and a couple of times at Jasons Deli.

mosconiac

Established Member
I've had two discussions with product representatives from G/Y and they are actively pursuing the 315/18" size for the GS-D3. They are anywhere from 3-?? months away depending on customer interest. My last conversation didn't give me warm fuzzies. :(

I've explained the '03 situation (18x10.5 rims without a suitable GS-D3 to mount on it) and they understand there is a need, just maybe not big enough. I explained that Porsche also uses this size and that was news to them?!?!?

If you want these tires, let them know like I have. To make it easy, post your concerns ----> HERE :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac
I've had two discussions with product representatives from G/Y and they are actively pursuing the 315/18" size for the GS-D3. They are anywhere from 3-?? months away depending on customer interest. My last conversation didn't give me warm fuzzies. :(

I've explained the '03 situation (18x10.5 rims without a suitable GS-D3 to mount on it) and they understand there is a need, just maybe not big enough. I explained that Porsche also uses this size and that was news to them?!?!?

If you want these tires, let them know like I have. To make it easy, post your concerns ----> HERE :thumbsup:

just sent my request for 315-30-18 Gs-d3's!!!!!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by BigZach
I was looking at getting the GS-D3's but got a killer deal on some Nittos. Is 275 the biggest that you can fit on the stock rim.

Sly: Kinda off the subject, but what kind of work do you do next to Westlake? I go to school there and was just wondering. I always see you in the morning, and a couple of times at Jasons Deli.

I run a very small software company, and my office is right next to the 94.7 building across the street from Westlake high.

Is yours the blue '03 that parks in that lot sometimes?

skorost

Established Member
I have 17 inch GS D3 315s on... much better handling. quite sticky too when they get warmed up. The water traction is amazing too.

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
I run a very small software company, and my office is right next to the 94.7 building across the street from Westlake high.

Is yours the blue '03 that parks in that lot sometimes?

Dave says you also work with SQL all day long :beer:
-Peter

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Is it me or do the sidewalls on those tires look much larger then the stock F1's?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The GS D3s have "rim protectors". The sidewall overlaps and butts up against the rims giving some protection from curbs and other rim scratching objects.

skorost

Established Member
Originally posted by King03Cobra
Is that much better handling then the stock F1's or the Nittos ?

Here's the stock F1's and the GSD3 315s side by side.

DOHC03

Established Member
My D3s are 275front/285rear. Tire rack listed them as a Y rating, but they say Z.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread