Goodbye to the Cobra!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Well everyone,

I unfortunatley am writing to let you all know I no longer have the Cobra. I got rid of it for financial reasons. I would like to buy a house and did not want anything on my credit. I am going to miss bringing the Cobra out. I ended up buying a 91 Formula Firebird with the 350 TPI from my buddy for a good price. It only has 68,000 miles on it and a ton of work done. It runs 12.3's with the nitrous so it will be fun for awhile. After I purchase a house my plan is to get me an 07 Shelby GT500. So that is in my future. I want to thank you all for your help in everything! I greatly appreciate it!

Joe

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Joe, I think anyone of us can respect the fact that you're making life decisions first and that's all that matters buddy. I sure do wish you the best with your plans. That Firebird sounds like it's hauling some ass on the juice. :-D Is the new owner of your Cobra still in MD? If you need anything dude just give a holler.

Marlon

dakota318

Banned
No reason for you to not stick around here at least. Sounds like you are doing the right thing, many people cannot say that in this world. Take it easy though man, good luck with the house, you know where where to find us.

TRBO VNM

Joe,

sorry to see it go, but like the others have said, when you are trying to make a decision like you did for life changing and financial reasons, it is the best ting you can do. I did it a few yrs ago and it paid dividends and not I have my mustang back with a much nicer house than I could have ever thought about owning at this age and a nice shop to go along with it.

remember we are always here and there is no reason you can't still hang out and be friends with any one of us. keep us informed of how things are going with the house hunting. Remember you may have connections in MACA that can help you with that. I believe we have real estate agents here and I know Antex is a mortgage broker. :beer:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Thank you very much guys! I still plan on coming to the get togethers. Be the only person in a Pontiac! LOL. If there are any real estate agents here I would LOVE to get in contact. I am looking all around the state! Thank you my friends.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
JonJ said:
Good luck with the house hunting. But atleast you could have stuck with a FORD, j/k. It would be nice though to see a MACA member with a GT500.

LMAO, I know I know. But I work for a Pontiac Dealership and I couldn't beat the deal I got on this! lol. Yes, I hope I don't have to wait too long for the house so I can get my sights set on that Shelby!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sorry to hear this Joe but atleast you reached your goal with the car before you sold it. Good luck house hunting, I'm sure I'll see you around this year.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Antex said:
Hissssnsvt said:
Sorry to hear this Joe but at least you reached your goal with the car before you sold it. QUOTE]

:beer: Fun times at Cecil!

You all will still see me plenty at Cecil! LOL. No need to worry about that! Just won't be with a Mustang... grrrr...

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Joe, sorry to see the car go. Least you hit 12's on the stock motor! Good luck with the house and hope to still see you at the track now and then, like most have already said, more then welcome to hang out any time. Get some pics of that new beast you got!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My mom is a real estate agent. I live in charles county so she could help you out anywhere around here if you wanted. She is sort of part time and has been working for about a year but she has a few other, more experienced agents helping her with paperwork and stuff. Shoot me a PM if you are interested, she loves looking at houses every chance she gets.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man...although..I knew this a few weeks ago! HAHAHA to everyone. A house though is a good decision...and you can buy a Cobra...down the road. And you still got all your Cobra buddies that you can ride with! Don't be a stranger!!

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
Thank you very much guys! I still plan on coming to the get togethers. Be the only person in a Pontiac! LOL. If there are any real estate agents here I would LOVE to get in contact. I am looking all around the state! Thank you my friends.

You need to get in touch with Jason (Underpressr)(?) he's at Bob Bell, but also doing real estate. He's looking to go real estate full time, he may have a good line for you. Heck, with the Bob Bell connection you are that much closer to the 07 shelby later.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Super sorry to see you sell your snake Joe!!!! But, you're doing it for the right reasons. As much as well like and enjoy these darn cars, it's a hobby (and a pretty expensive one at that!!!!), and they're going to come and go, lot depending on our life situation at the time. I went for years without a "hobby" car and finally got back into it when my personal situation could handle it.

Definitely stay in touch and take car of the little man. He's the bomb!!!!!

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
best of luck with your House hunting and better one getting the 07 that will be sweeet and hopefully it will match very nice with your own garage :-D

Users who are viewing this thread