Goodbye Sync?

bigjohns97

Established Member
Let's hope so the QNX system in the jeep/Chrysler is awesome, let's hope we get the 8" screen as well.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Let's hope so the QNX system in the jeep/Chrysler is awesome, let's hope we get the 8" screen as well.

+1 My '12 wrangler never misunderstood anything I said and was super easy to use. With sync you have to use their exact terms in order for it to register wtf youre trying to do

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
The Ford mytouch and the way it is set up is a fail. If you add a playlist there is a 40-60 minute indexing. I welcome this upgrade.

dcpatters

Established Member
Sounds promising, with-holding judgement until released. :shrug: The MyTouch in 2014 Explorer Sport is OK, I'd rather have, then not.

Mxfrench

Established Member
I work for dodge and we have a ton of issues with our nav as well as radios. Becarful what you ask for...sync blows yes but the devil you know is sometimes better then the one you dont

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
sync stink...I sell these auto with it, and since launch there have been minor to major issues...customers are frustrated...can't blame them....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never really had an issue with SYNC in any of my vehicles.

sync + ipod = murderous rage (I dunno if it could be Ipod model specific, I use an old 60G ipod video and yes its up to date)

the latest update (which is a dealer only thing, the sync site will NOT tell you about it) appears to have fixed most of those issues however if you are a user of the USB2 mod its now a pain in the ass.

I do still have occasional random instances where SYNC just flat out refuses to function and then is fine the next time I start the truck

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
For me, I think it's decent in terms of functionality, but not very stable IMO. It randomly fails to connect with my phone sometimes. If I am unable to fix it through cycling the ignition, I have to delete and re-add my phone. Frustrating

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've never had an issue with it really but I see where the issues can come from. Ford is getting hit bad in quality reports because of it. As little as Consumer Reports means to us, Ford hit the bottom this last go around when they used to be towards the top. They needed to do something to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread