Good spring and shock combo for cobra

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with IRS and stock cut springs and the weight transfer is horrible. What's a good spring and shock combo for these cars. I have a 26x10.5x 16 ET streets on the car makes about 700rwhp. I was thinking eibach drag springs around and 90/10s in the front with the front sway bar removed. Any suggestions

BMR Tech

My recipe is fairly simple, both cost and complexity. It rides incredibly well, and transfers weight fairly well.

Front:
Stock 99-04 GT Springs w/ Iso's
Strange Single Adjustable Front Struts
(Steeda X2 Ball Joints)

Rear:
Stock '04 Cobra Springs / Cut
Viking Double Adjustable Rear Shocks (B225)

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
My recipe is fairly simple, both cost and complexity. It rides incredibly well, and transfers weight fairly well.

Front:
Stock 99-04 GT Springs w/ Iso's
Strange Single Adjustable Front Struts
(Steeda X2 Ball Joints)

Rear:
Stock '04 Cobra Springs / Cut
Viking Double Adjustable Rear Shocks (B225)

I was thinking 4cyl front spring with Lakewood 90/10 and stock 04 cobra springs (cut))with strange adjustable rears .

BMR Tech

I am not a fan of that combo of parts on a manual trans Cobra.

It would transfer slightly better, but be much sloppier and harder to control unloading.

For a super budget combo, it would/should work well though!

SVTFAN09

...its it fast?
Established Member
I am not a fan of that combo of parts on a manual trans Cobra.

It would transfer slightly better, but be much sloppier and harder to control unloading.

For a super budget combo, it would/should work well though!

I also read from numerous sources that a 70/30 is better for the 03-04 cobras don't know how true it is?

Nolimit

Established Member
im interested in what some people are running for suspension set ups as well, i have a 03 coupe and i will be pushing 650+ HP and TQ . I currently have stock struts with H&R racing springs and they are good but im due for new struts so i would rather upgrade the entire system to coil over or something

Users who are viewing this thread