Good products for cleaning the undercarriage/suspension?

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to clean the undercarriage/suspension of my Cobra but not quite sure what to use. Any good products you guys recomend or have experience with? Something to clean the dirt and grease from the suspension components.

Thanks!

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Simple green and a scrub brush, I used a wire one for metal parts. Worked great for me before Mustang Week last year.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Anything stronger than simple green? That stuff hasn't worked too well for me

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Trisodiumphosphate(TSP) will degrease literally anything.

Chrome wheel cleaner is acidic so it cleans things up nicely but don't use it on painted parts

Outside of that Simple Green works pretty good. They key with SG is soak time. Let it soak for 5 minutes and then scrub it.

SpectorV

Established Member
simple green works good, ive heard Adams Polishes makes a good degreaser. I generally hand clean the fender wells suspension etc after letting simple green set for a couple then go over it one more time and finish it up with protection where needed~ and when doing the rear I try to get all around the IRS and gas tank area as much as I can. If you soak stuff in the degreaser be sure to put down some old towels as the dirt will drip down and get on the floor etc.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Wouldn't that just make dirt and dust stick to everything?:dw:

:nono:

WD-40 is actually an excellent cleaner and it won't hurt paint. It will dissolve grease, remove bugs, tar, road salts and will protect metal from corrosion even after it's wiped off. Keep it away from lubricated joints as it's a solvent as well as a "protectant" and will breakdown grease.

WD is the only thing I use to clean the engine and undercarriage :burnout:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
You can use regular automotive parts solvent. Put it in a spray bottle and and cover it good. Then wash with water and repeat. You may have to clean by hand as well.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I use simple green and then spray wax a lot of my suspension components and the body. Helps keep it cleaner for the next time around.

I've thought about pressure washing the underside too with the car on jack stands, but haven't done that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread