Good local deal on KB 2.4, pull the trigger?

cbehr

Established Member
Found a local guy selling a KB 2.4 for around $1K, newer snout and video shows rotors spin freely. He never installed and bought it used a year ago and since got rid of Cobra. I've been trying to dig into and research a bit but seems these were not a popular blower and would probably get me to around 600hp on 93. Was going to home port my eaton this winter and be happy with that but for $1K should I snatch it or pass?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Found a local guy selling a KB 2.4 for around $1K, newer snout and video shows rotors spin freely. He never installed and bought it used a year ago and since got rid of Cobra. I've been trying to dig into and research a bit but seems these were not a popular blower and would probably get me to around 600hp on 93. Was going to home port my eaton this winter and be happy with that but for $1K should I snatch it or pass?

Buy it. Ported Eatons are going for $800. Check the rotors for wear, inspect inside the case and make sure no wear marks. Spin the pulley and check for smoothness. There should be a little slop if you turn the pulley back and forth quick, so don’t let that scare you off.

Users who are viewing this thread