Good deal on GT500?

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the forums and still trying to learn as much as i can about the GT500. I have posted a few questions in the GT500 price stick thread but thought i may get more responses out here in the open.

Theres a few local 500's that i THINK are a good deal rite now. 2007 White with blue stripes it has 2800 miles and they want 36grand for it. with it being out of bumper to bumper warranty and possibly not having the clutch tsb service worries me.

2nd one is a 2008 all black with the shaker 1000 with ONLY 688 miles and there selling for 38,600

How do these sounds to you all? Both dealerships will NOT budge on the prices at all!

Thanks guys

ZXMustang

Banned
hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the forums and still trying to learn as much as i can about the GT500. I have posted a few questions in the GT500 price stick thread but thought i may get more responses out here in the open.

Theres a few local 500's that i THINK are a good deal rite now. 2007 White with blue stripes it has 2800 miles and they want 36grand for it. with it being out of bumper to bumper warranty and possibly not having the clutch tsb service worries me.

2nd one is a 2008 all black with the shaker 1000 with ONLY 688 miles and there selling for 38,600

How do these sounds to you all? Both dealerships will NOT budge on the prices at all!

Thanks guys

I got my brandnew 09 last summer for $38600 OTD.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I would stay away from 07 unless you can find out if TSB was done on clutch/flywheel. Way to much money to spend then drop anther 3-5k on new parts.

The 08 is a ok good deal. Altho I remember seeing someone just bought a 08 brand new for like 38,800ish.
Thats brand new with warranty date starting when you buy car. Not a year or so into it.

Here is the link.

BRAND NEW GT500 $38893.58 !!!! - Team Shelby

The dealer out of flordia is a new member on here aswell and has helped many people find their GT500s.

Not sure how many new 08s are still sitting tho.

chuckstang

Established Member
The 08 still have same problem prone parts as the 07

Besides, its all crap IMO. I would not get too caught up in the whole tsb thing

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
I got my brandnew 09 last summer for $38600 OTD.

Seems like here in WA state those deals just dont exist with dealerships. Possibly different economy over here on the west coast. But thats a SCREAMING deal. I was in the market for a brand new evo or sti and for what i can buy those for brand new i can get a nearly brand new gt500

GT500 > STI or EVO

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
hey guys,

Thanks guys

I don't think that either one seems like all that good of a deal. In 3-4mo's the 07 will be 4yrs old, older bodystyle, and older engine set up. Not trying to be negative but truthful.

I would tend to believe that over the next few months, you would be able to get a low mileage 09' for the price you are paying for the 07'.

I have a feeling that all of the guys that have been holding on to their 07-08's are waiting for the 11' to arrive and then the market will have plenty to choose from which will most likely drive the price down.

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Banned
I don't think that either one seems like all that good of a deal. In 3-4mo's the 07 will be 4yrs old, older bodystyle, and older engine set up. Not trying to be negative but truthful.

I would tend to believe that over the next few months, you would be able to get a low mileage 09' for the price you are paying for the 07'.

I have a feeling that all of the guys that have been holding on to their 07-08's are waiting for the 11' to arrive and then the market will have plenty to choose from which will most likely drive the price down.

Agreed

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Seems like here in WA state those deals just dont exist with dealerships. Possibly different economy over here on the west coast. But thats a SCREAMING deal. I was in the market for a brand new evo or sti and for what i can buy those for brand new i can get a nearly brand new gt500

GT500 > STI or EVO

You gotta shop man. I got a better deal on my 09 last Dec. However, I bought it out of state then had it transported........

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
hey guys,

Thanks guys

Dont stress about the TSB, its mostly a non-issue for mulitple reasons, not withstanding the fact that its under full warranty etc....and despite some horror stories, Ford's warranty is top shelf even if you might have to make a phone call or write a letter etc.
About the prices you quoted, there acually fair prices. Typically these cars all sell for "approx" the same price, within 2k or so for stockers, based on availability in your surrounding area, colors and options etc.
Of course, there are always the buyers who find great deal from a depressed buyer who MUST sell his car or whatever....but most GT500 buyers are not motivated by price alone.
My advice, decide how much money you want to spend. The 2010's can be found for MSRP or below, and there are new 2009's still out there.
Once you decide on the coin, choose options, color etc....and begin your search.
You will never be happy with this type of car unless you get what you want.....most GT500 buyers will NOT sacrifice color and options to save 2k. because this type of car is an extension of your own personality.
You may have to search for cars within 200-300 miles from your home to find the right one, but if your comfortable with the vehicles you quoted, that are in your area.....then your decision should be easy.
Beleive me, once you pull the trigger and your behind the wheel of a Shelby, the last thing on your mind will be worrying about the few hundred bucks you could have saved by waiting and wondering.
Sorry for rambling, but your post reminded me of my search back in 08.
I paid MSRP and have not stopped smiling since.......
Good Luck

chuckstang

Established Member

shhhh don't let everyone know!

Soon2bGT500

Established Member

Thanks for the useful info! :rockon:

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Dont stress about the TSB, its mostly a non-issue for mulitple reasons, not withstanding the fact that its under full warranty etc....and despite some horror stories, Ford's warranty is top shelf even if you might have to make a phone call or write a letter etc.
About the prices you quoted, there acually fair prices. Typically these cars all sell for "approx" the same price, within 2k or so for stockers, based on availability in your surrounding area, colors and options etc.
Of course, there are always the buyers who find great deal from a depressed buyer who MUST sell his car or whatever....but most GT500 buyers are not motivated by price alone.
My advice, decide how much money you want to spend. The 2010's can be found for MSRP or below, and there are new 2009's still out there.
Once you decide on the coin, choose options, color etc....and begin your search.
You will never be happy with this type of car unless you get what you want.....most GT500 buyers will NOT sacrifice color and options to save 2k. because this type of car is an extension of your own personality.
You may have to search for cars within 200-300 miles from your home to find the right one, but if your comfortable with the vehicles you quoted, that are in your area.....then your decision should be easy.
Beleive me, once you pull the trigger and your behind the wheel of a Shelby, the last thing on your mind will be worrying about the few hundred bucks you could have saved by waiting and wondering.
Sorry for rambling, but your post reminded me of my search back in 08.
I paid MSRP and have not stopped smiling since.......
Good Luck

you guys rock! i guess whats tearing me apart is that this dealership is ACTUALLY wanting to give me a few hundred bucks OVER the excellent condition price over kbb. And at the same time the price isnt terrible for a brand new 08, on the other side of the spectrum it would be wise to wait for a low mileage 09. and save up alittle more money to put down towards downpayment :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread