Good Day at the Dealer!

97Snake1668

Amazon Racing-None Better
Established Member
I dropped my car off on Tuesday to fix the vibration and today I pick it up and find out I have to come back next week to get my 4 new tires put on:D :D . They are also ordering my new drive shaft after I supplied them with the special service message from Ford. So next week I get new tires and a new driveshaft! This makes putting in those 4:10's in last week all the more perfect since I can now go out and shread the current tires and get most of it out of my system. :rockon: :rockon:. I just figured I would post a happy thread!

Semper Fi,
Kris

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Good deal bro. Some dealerships will work with you if you do your homework first. Hope it works out for you. Nothing wrong with showing them what needs to be done since they don't always know.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Why new tires and what info did you have for them? I must have missed a thread or something?
:rollseyes

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
After you burn up your current tires, don't forget to clean off all the molten rubber particles from your rear panels before bringing the car back to the dealer!!
:idea:

97Snake1668

Established Member
The F-1's are notorius for being out of balance coming from Ford. They did rebalance them first to see if that solved the problem but no luck. The car is much better after the balance but the tech said that it would be gone with the new tires and driveshaft. I guess it is something in the tire itself not being made right or something. Not exactly sure but I am definitly glad I am getting free ones.

NyteByte,
I will definitly turn her in nice and clean. Dont want too much evidence of the thrashing they are going to take. I might even put the fronts on the rear on Saturday when I put on my H&R's. That way it doesnt look quite so obvious (sp).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad they're taking care of you. Just don't go TOO crazy on those stock tires. If they notice them looking a bit bald it might raise an eyebrow or two. :burnout:
:lol:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
When I had my tires switched over to the SVT chrome wheels, the tech at my SVT dealer said if more dealers had the Hunter Road Force Balance machine that 5 out of 10 of the Goodyear F1's would fail the test due to irregularities in Goodyear tires. 2 of mine were replaced due to being unable to balance properly even after trying to index the tire to the rim. The tech spent at least 3 hours trying his best to balance and road force all 4 of the tires, but in the end, 2 needed to be replaced. Also when you get the replacement tires, make sure they are the ones that are made specifically for the 03-04 Cobras. Not the ones for the lighter LS1 cars which Goodyear seems to stock more readily. Took my dealer a few weeks to get the proper tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

97Snake1668

Established Member
How do I know if they are the 03/04 Cobra ones? Is there something on the tires I can see on the tires itself? Thanks.

Kris

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 97Snake1668
How do I know if they are the 03/04 Cobra ones? Is there something on the tires I can see on the tires itself? Thanks.

Kris

There is a code on the sidewall of the tire. It should say, let me run down to the garage,---------------OK, it will say 98W after the tire size. The wrong weight code is 93W. When my dealer received the 2 replacement tires, he called me to check them out and right away I saw the wrong code, so he calls the supplier and the supplier said to just put them on the car, the customer will not notice the difference. Well, my parts manager said to him that this customer (me) does know the difference and to just get the proper tire. Nuff said. Just watch out for these kinds of uncaring characters out there.

Users who are viewing this thread