Good Books

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
All of Chuck Palahniuk books are really good. He wrote Fight Club, but like 6 others as well. Try Neil Gaiman "American Gods", Yann Martel "Life of PI", anything by Daniel Quinn, he is a little different, makes you think. Dan Brown is good, but all the books are essentially the same, just need to read one. Ray Bradbury is good, so is Kurt Vonnegut. "5 People You meet in Heaven" is sort of uplifting and a good read. Can't go wrong with Stephen King, imo.

What do you usually read?

spinscan

Established Member
Boy's Life-Robert McCammon
American Caesar-William Manchester
The Rising Sun-John Toland
Ender's Game-Orson Scott Card
Tuesdays with Morrie-Mitch Albom
The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom
In Cold Blood-Truman Capote

Those are some of my favorites, also anything by John Feinstein.

NB99COBRA

shut em down open up shop
Established Member
"Da Vinci Code" was a good read
I also just read "Under and Alone" - another good one
I'm currently reading "The Wealthy Barber" - trying to get my finances in order
I also have "Hell's Angel" by Sonny Barger on the go right now too
I'm thinking I'll go with "Fight Club" or "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" next.
I went through a phase a while back where I was reading alot of science of time travel type books. If you're interested "Time Travel in Einstein's Universe" by J. Richard Gott was pretty good.

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
What other books does Dan Brown have? I have read Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons.

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
merc lover said:
Animal Farm

I had a teacher in high school that had us read it during the semester we had him.

I was into stephen king when I was in middle school I think that the last book I read of his was desperation at that time it was one of my favorite books at that time.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I've read DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deceptions Point - and yes they're good.

But what I really suggest is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Chbovsky. Simply the best book I've ever read, period. It's also pretty short.

Currently I'm on my third Chuck Palahniuk book (author of fight club) which are also amazing reads. Invisible Monsters and Survivor are just kickass.

Just got done reading Under and Alone by William Queen and it was an AWESOME read. Honestly, one of the better books I have ever read.
The suspense keeps you turning from page too page and you NEVER know what is going to happen.
Started reading The DaVinci Code and will be reading either the Black Dahilia or Fight Club after that.

Just my .02!

Users who are viewing this thread