Going to vegas... which driving experience should i do

blk02edge

Established Member
In 05 they offered the experience,
When all said n done, its when you enter thru the side window, put helmet on, instructor taps me,
I start up, NOISE!!! Empty cabin except oil gauge, temp, fire extinguisher...
Took 2 laps + to reach high speed, very low rear gear
On lap 4 I felt more at ease n started to remember my instructions..........
Never brake unless pitting
Only lift Big Toe to slow down
Keep it to to the floor. So I did
Always turning left was wearing on forearm, steady car noise is exhausting.......keeping the Line was being very focused for too long ........having the full gear on,
Just imagine having other cars beside you. WOW
Smiles...Smiles.......
Yeaaaa id love to try Nascar. I have zero interest in watching it but sure AF want to try

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In 2005 I did the Richard Petty experience....
We were the evening run..... 17 people. 12 men/5 women...........some where married or friends
Results. A Blast from introduction to finish.....
With all rules in place n instructions, they said
"Go To It". Try n catch the leader.........
Leader is going up to 150mph.........
Final results.
Top 5 were .....2 women ....placed 1st n 3rd
I placed #8. Top mph 139 mph
I did the exact same Petty Experience in Orlando back in 1999. It was a lot of fun. Speeds were a bit slower...about 140 top speed and I hit 135. Slightly smaller track than the one at Vegas, I believe. I forget where I placed. It wasn't that expensive. Well worth the money spent.

MFE

Established Member
I've done the Petty Experience both driving and as ride-along. Honesty? the ride-along was more fun. Sure, it's badass to sit in the drivers seat of one of those cars, and feel them and hear them and smell them. What wasn't bad ass was they made you stay close to the car in front of you (the lead car is instructor-driven) and match their speed. The only way to do that is literally focus on that car in front of you This is absolutely the opposite of where you want to be looking when you're doing 135-140 mph. You want to be looking waaaaaaay ahead of where you are, and doing otherwise just...hurt. On the other hand, with the ride-along, you're out there with 2-3 other cars being driven by instructors, you're doing 170-180 mph, and they're passing each other and drafting like it's a real goddamned race. And the first time you see the car in front of you hang the tail out a little bit and see how loose they are all the way through the turns is when you'll see God and hope for the best. Way more thrilling.

tvspower

Established Member
I've done the Petty Experience both driving and as ride-along. Honesty? the ride-along was more fun. Sure, it's badass to sit in the drivers seat of one of those cars, and feel them and hear them and smell them. What wasn't bad ass was they made you stay close to the car in front of you (the lead car is instructor-driven) and match their speed. The only way to do that is literally focus on that car in front of you This is absolutely the opposite of where you want to be looking when you're doing 135-140 mph. You want to be looking waaaaaaay ahead of where you are, and doing otherwise just...hurt. On the other hand, with the ride-along, you're out there with 2-3 other cars being driven by instructors, you're doing 170-180 mph, and they're passing each other and drafting like it's a real goddamned race. And the first time you see the car in front of you hang the tail out a little bit and see how loose they are all the way through the turns is when you'll see God and hope for the best. Way more thrilling.
Absolutely I agree..... my instructor suggested that I reduce the lap #, and do the ride along.....
I was so into driving I passed.......,

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Sixt offers a 600+ hp Shelby here for between $300-$500 a day with 150 mile limit. I thought about finding the rock bottom price...like a Tuesday in December but it was still over $300. Screw that, better things to spend money on in the town.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeaaaa id love to try Nascar. I have zero interest in watching it but sure AF want to try

Circle track is a whole new ball game compared to what we are used to. It's really odd looking for traction on different lines and trying to remember if it's any faster than another line. Also, youre hyper focused on which end is going to lose grip first.

OP, I would do the off road experience. You're in legit $125k trucks. They don't have much power but you can jump them pretty darn far.

trxcobra

Established Member
While it doesn't sound very exciting, I rented a 2015 Miata when in vegas through Turo. Had a blast bombing around the canyons outside the city. Definitely check out the Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon

Users who are viewing this thread