Going to the track sunday. (hopefully)

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I just ordered some nitto 305/35ZR18 drag radials for the cobra. :pepper:
Before the port and new clutch the car was running 11.7s then with the port, clutch, and BFG DR's it ran a best of 11.8 spinning. :nonono:
With the nittos, what do yall think I'll run? (mods in sig) :pop:

carfax

Established Member
when my friend borrowed my worn out nittos he cut a 1.7 on them. so they are not a bad tire. just ride the clutch and the gas till you start moving, and then just release the clutch fully. never dump on a nitto. all you will do is spin or break. by the look at your mods if you dump, and hook the irs is not going to like it. with the mods on your car now you should beat that 11.7. i dont know how much more, but you should better your times.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Nitto's aren't bad tires u will get good performance out of them just dont leave the hole like a mofo. Nitto's just need to be really hot to get best performance out of them. Plus they handle good on wet roads unlike the mickeys which will get u killed.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Nitto's aren't bad tires u will get good performance out of them just dont leave the hole like a mofo. Nitto's just need to be really hot to get best performance out of them. Plus they handle good on wet roads unlike the mickeys which will get u killed.

Ok. I'll burn the SH!T out of em!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You should see that 11.5 you want. The nitto's aren't a bad tire, they just obviously aren't a drag slick. I would cut 1.7-1.8 short times all day long with them at the track on the stock wheels. When I ran the nitto's with a ported blower and upper only the car went 11.5-11.7 @ 122-124. Then with the ET streets and same combo the car would go 11.1-11.3 @ 125-127. Give them a good 4-6 second burnout, start at 3500 rpms and don't dump it but give a quick slip out the hole. Work your launch point up or down from there depending on track prep....

Users who are viewing this thread