Going to look at a 99 cobra monday.

1996stang

Established Member
What would be a fair price on this car i don't have any pics of it nor have i seen the interior. It is black on black 120k mile's on it the exterior i would honestly say is a 9/10. The car is bone stock never been modded 2 owner's one from 99-08 the other from 08-now. It has never been a dd just a weekend toy i guess you could say.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Maybe $7000 with those miles. There have been a couple dealerships around here that have asked around $9000 for 99 & 01 Cobras that had over 100,000 miles and were stock and have gotten that for them. But before I paid $9k for a bone stock 99 or 01, I'd try to go for a 03 Mach 1 for around $12-$13K with less than 50,000 miles...but that's just me.

tistan

Established Member
120k for a weekend driver sounds like bs. Most people consider 12k miles a year a DD. My 99 cobra is a weekend driver and it has 43k on it.

Tango7

Established Member
I would say it was more than a weekend car.. unless they lived on the east coast and drove it to midwest every weekend.. I got my vert last summer with 99,000 miles for under 8000.00

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I agree those miles aren't from a weekend sometimes driver, my 99 has 62K on the car and 2K on the New Forged Motor!
I bought mine a couple years ago with 38K miles for $10.2K but that was a cash deal from an estate sale!

Last edited:

1996stang

Established Member
Well it is possible the car is a no go the idiot's want 12,995 for it and the comp orange 04 mach next to it is only 14k with 67,000 mile's. I would like to have the mach but it all depends on what the bank say's on payment's. Nada clean retail is what my credit union use's for loan's say's the cobra loan value is only 9,975 with that being said im not dropping a extra 3,000 out of pocket for a 10 yr old car. Like you guy's have said the mileage seem's sketchy.

1996stang

Established Member
7-8k

But honestly its up to you. You have seen it in person :coolman:

I agree i mean the car look's great outside might have a hole in the block for all i know lol but for 12,995 i don't care if it come's with a BJ the bank wont give that for it lol. Im gonna talk to them tomorrow when they open and see what they say about the price.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
If it's at a dealer, you know it's too much. Get pre-approved for the dollar amount you are comfortable with and start looking private party. Save some cash at the same time to add to the loan amount and be patient, you never know what you'll find. For example, I found my 99 in a pole barn way out in the boonies that the guy bought new and let sit and it needed a good exterior cleaning. I got it for $10,500 with only 10,750 miles.

Tremor

NO MERCY
If it's at a dealer, you know it's too much. Get pre-approved for the dollar amount you are comfortable with and start looking private party. Save some cash at the same time to add to the loan amount and be patient, you never know what you'll find. For example, I found my 99 in a pole barn way out in the boonies that the guy bought new and let sit and it needed a good exterior cleaning. I got it for $10,500 with only 10,750 miles.

+1

Just keep looking, im sure you will find the perfect deal. You might have wait a bit but it will be worth it.

I purchased my 99 Cobra off a member here with 80k miles over a year ago for 10k.

I was happy with my purchase, just wait for the right deal.

:beer:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
120k for a weekend driver sounds like bs. Most people consider 12k miles a year a DD. My 99 cobra is a weekend driver and it has 43k on it.

+1.... My 99 had 96 K on it and had been under boost for 15K. The rings were shot. Those engines are not like old 5.0 iron block ones. I would NOT buy it and look for a 99/01 with less than 60k on it

Last edited:

1996stang

Established Member
The cobra has been trashed the wiper cowl is busted and put back together with glue.It leak's oil and the interior is faded and scratched up pretty bad. The good news is i talked them down on the mach to 13k so as we speak they are working on the loan for it. It is a 1 owner car from orlando and is spotless.

Users who are viewing this thread