Going to install Boss intake this weekend, tips?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If the weather permits, I am going to finally get this Boss intake on my car. Any tips from people that have done it? Any special tools needed?

Thanks,

Mike

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Very easy and straight forward. If you want I can get you the torque spec and sequence for the manifold, but besides that you will be done in about 15 mins.

Did you buy the cheap install kit or the ford one?

-Thomas

pohnjarker

Established Member
as said, its pretty straight forward...i had the install doc on my computer next to my car and it took about an hour or so.

when you unhook the fuel like, quite a bit flows out so have a rag wrapped around to catch it all.

i wish i never sold mine, just kept it in case i ever wanted to put it back on.

G-Mann

Established Member
Seank, thanks for the link!!!

2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 Intake Installation - LatemodelRestoration.com Blog

Last edited:

Napoleon85

Established Member
X2 on having a rag or two in hand, for when you disconnect the fuel line.

X3 ... when i disconnected mine I got a face full of fuel that resulted in a quite a few profanities and a broken pair of glasses :nonono:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
That is in there probably just to keep the lawyers happy. Limiting the amount of fuel released when you disconnect the supply line.

Wikkd03

Established Member
I plan on installing mine tomorrow too along with all my other parts!

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
yeah i just wrapped up a rag or two around the line when I did the install, I was also installing the nx plate kit that day as well.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Ok, well it looks easy. I don't think my King Kong sized torque wrench does inch/pounds though. I may just have to go by instinct on that one.

Mike

Napoleon85

Established Member
lol, learning to work on cars is an experience. Next time you wont disconnect a line without wondering if its under pressure though.

Yeah, well I took bad advice from the internet.

Did anyone do the Ford procedure and run the car out of gas first?

Funny story, this is exactly what I was going to do since I was under the impression this is ALWAYS what you do prior to disconnecting a fuel line. I was told by pretty much everyone that had done the install at that time that "the line was not under that much pressure" and that "running the car out of gas was completely overkill." Lesson learned the hard way ... never take advice from the internet when you know you're right in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread