Going to buy my 03 Cobra today!!!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraSS
Man, this car is awesome. This is the best car I have ever owned! Every time I get into it I take a big inhale of the new car smell and then I don't stop smiling until about an hour after I get out of it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats!!

CobraSS

Established Member
Newest update:
So I get of work early (being in the USAF is great most of the time) I see a silver vette vert (newest generation)and we follow each other off base. It is a grey haired older man, I would estimate in his 50's, he follows me through a construction zone and then at the end I get on it and pull bus lengths on him. So I know he didn't get on it, but he was quick to catch back up when I let off and slowed down. We played back and forth, nothing to actually call a race. So I move along in traffic. What do I see? A last generation Supra Targa top (think that is what you call the open top ones?) His license plate reads "ITS ON". So I know he wants to play. I match his speed and we exchange glances. I goose it a little and then slow down to match him again. Instead of racing he starts to give me all kinds of complimaints on the Cobra. I of course return the complimaints because I love the last gen. Supras. So the drive home was great.
Later tonight I load up the wife and kid and go to WallyWorld to get some things. On the way home I see a late 60's early 70's Z28 (sorry not good with the older cars) all jacked up in the rear with large meats. So I match his speed and he looks over and gooses it. I wait for him to match my speed and then floor it. I run through 2 gears and let off. The wife looks at me and says "I guess he didn't want to race." I said "um, he was racing babe?!." How funny :) He was about 2 car lengths behind me when I let off. I give him credit as he was quicker than I thought he would have been.
What can I say this has been one of the best car days of my life today. My only regret is that I have done nothing to this car to make it my victories. Basically I won because I had enough money/credit to buy this car. Call me wierd, but I just like to feel that I have made the car better than factory and made it mine when I stomp *ss, so I know I won because I did the work to win. As of right now all the credit goes to Ford SVT. And probably will for a while as I had to beg the wife to let me get the car in the first place. Either way a win is a win, right?
Well I will stop boring you all with my storys. Thanks for listening. Peace

CobraSS

Established Member
I would be changing the exhaust right now if I could. The cobra is way to quite IMOP. It should have a lot more throaty sound. Probably the first mods will be exhaust and cold air intake. After that the usual; pulley, chip, etc. But as I said before it will be probably a year before I can get the okay from the boss (wife) to do anything to it. She wants to pay off some bills. Jeez, responsability sucks :)

Users who are viewing this thread