Going Nitrous, Need some advice

SeankySnake

Established Member
All right guys I have weighed the pros and cons of N20 vs. porting, poshing, pulleys, supporting mods to the Eaton. I have come to a conclusion that N20 is much simpler and in my case best bang for the buck. I only put around 7-8 thousand miles a year on my 03 Cobra due to working 2 full time jobs. I have decided to go with the NOS kit Holley Performance Products Cobra Kit Nitrous System*02120NOS This kit claims to not need any fuel system mods but I plan on up grading to the GT pumps, PPRV delete, and Modified FPDM and a custom tune just to be on the safe side. I plan on starting out with the 75 shot and eventually go up to 150 shot. What else do yall reccommend that I may need on the fuel system? And on another note I will eventually send the Eaton out for a Stage 5 port and polish and keep the stock pulley on the Eaton, by doing this I will move a larger volume of air over the IC resulting in lower AIT's and will lower them even more do to the N20 being fogged through the intake tract. I already have AC427Cobra's (Bruce's Kit) for the IRS, DSS Level 5 half shafts, Safety Loop, and plan on adding a SFI Bellhousing, and a good clutch. And I will deff be upgrading the whole entire cooling system as well as the head cooling mod. What kind of #'s do you guys think I will make with the mods mentioned above with the 150 shot with the fuel mods mentioned above the only other engine mods I have now are Steeda CAI, Magnaflow Catback.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Well first of all if you are going with a port you might want to deviate away from a plate kit.... because the plate itself will not be lined up with wider/bigger port and thus become a slight restriction. Look up just a regular nozzle setup. If spraying a 75 shot you shouldn't need any fuel mods however when you bump it to the 150 you will need a bap, possibly injectors and a mafia. She should put out around 510ish rwhp and 570ish rwtq... depending how that shot is rated.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
The plate kit will just need a little porting of its own to fit correctly. Nothing the average "do-it-yourselfer" can't handle.

:beer:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Seriously does anybody search anymore, this has to be the 10th nitrous thread this week?! Don't worry about the PPRV delete unless your tuner can't get rid of the hesitation issue, you don't have to upgrade the FPDM, pumps might not be necessary with a smaller shot but probably will be with the larger one. I would just do the BAP though instead of pumps. With that big of a shot you definetely need to get a seperate tune to lower the timing. Your injectors will be fine as the extra fuel for the nitrous will be pulled from the rail.

SeankySnake

Established Member
The plate kit will just need a little porting of its own to fit correctly. Nothing the average "do-it-yourselfer" can't handle.

:beer:

:beer:Thanks for posting that pic, I thought that I would have to do a little massaging of the plate to be inline with the port. As far as just upgrading the pumps, if I just replace the stock pumps with the GT pumps will I need anything else to make them function correctly. I already have the PPRV delete so I will go ahead and install it while I'm already there.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Seriously does anybody search anymore, this has to be the 10th nitrous thread this week?!

Sounds like you hating on the nitrous:shrug: I did a search and could not come up with a positive answer to my question, there for I asked and got the responces I was looking for and answered my questions.:beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
if everyone searched...there would prob be no need for SVTP as no ne wposts would arise!

to the OP....this is a stock Cobra?? no port, no pullies and your going to add the shot? I run that plate and has worked well for me and it was NOT ported....that is being changed as I type though.

SeankySnake

Established Member
if everyone searched...there would prob be no need for SVTP as no ne wposts would arise!

to the OP....this is a stock Cobra?? no port, no pullies and your going to add the shot? I run that plate and has worked well for me and it was NOT ported....that is being changed as I type though.

The engine itself is 100% bone stock just like it left the factory in 03, the car has 30,000 miles on it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Sounds like you hating on the nitrous:shrug: I did a search and could not come up with a positive answer to my question, there for I asked and got the responces I was looking for and answered my questions.:beer:

I'm hating on nitrous?! I answered your question, and by looking at my sig you should be able to figure out I'm a big believer of nitrous.

There's always new questions and concerns, but to answer the same question multiple times a week is unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread