Going from TR6 to TR7IX: Worth it?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I 100% agree guys, I think a lot of tuners got turned off to platinum/iridium technology after the Denso issues. No question the IX is a superior plug and once you've bought 3 sets of coppers (every 3-5K) the iridiums end up being cheaper after 15K miles.

There's just a lot of old school mentality still out there but it's nice to see how many people have now embraced the cooler 7 range plugs. I've had mine in for over 2 years now but back then most people were still recommending the 6s.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ngk melting, I highly doubt that. Coppers are probaly your problem, but I wouldn't go with any other spark plug besides NGK.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys. I can actually say this is one thread I have started where I am getting some good info. I am putting an order in for NGK TR7IX's this coming week. I am hoping it will soothe my idle problems and drivability issues. The stalling I would LOVE to fix with plugs but I am not sure it will help it, but I will keep you guys posted.
If these plugs fix my stall issue as well, the :beer: will be on me, for everyone.

gt032v

Established Member
Spark blowout when the plugs are gapped at .032??? TR6's are about 4 months old.

Thats what I thought reading lots of posts here. It's always in the low RPMS. WOT and high rpm's it isn't even a problem. Car runs great when you get into boost, but below that level sometimes it can run choppy. :shrug:

I am just getting frustrated on how the car runs now. Went to "one of the best" tuners in east..........twice.....over 300 miles both ways. So I have traveled 600 miles so far and my car still stalls out. I'm frustrated cause on one can seem to diagnose or fix the problem. :cuss:

Same here on the dyno it ran great with TR6's..I just switched to TR7's yesterday... NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!! Mine was ideling rough as hell!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread