Going from a Shelby to yote, question performance

96chargedcobra

Established Member
Long story short, due to my finances I'm going to be down sizing from a 2012 gt500 to a 2013 yote. The gt500 is bone stock, but my question is what power level does the yote need to be at to "feel" similar to the gt500 and run similar 1/4s etc.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

imeyers302

Established Member
Any PD blower, roush, vmp, kenne bell, will give you a similar feel and will be considerably faster than a bone stock gt500. Any one the centris, vortech, procharger, etc, won't have that same low end but will easier to hook than the GT500 and will destroy it on the top end. Now a worked gt500 or a 13-14 GT500 is a whole other ball game.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Unless it's from a roll, I would say most the time the Coyote car is gonna win. Most the Shelby owners aren't drivers...... The lack of lower end torque will help with getting out of the hole..... I'm pulling 1.9 60 ft. times with my bolt on 11, on 19 in. Brembo wheels with regular street tires, at stock 35 psi.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
My car doesn't feel like a Shelby, but I run away from stock GT500's. I have about 3-5 mph on them in the 1/4. Mods and times in sig.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A bolt on / tune 5.0 should perform similarly to a stock pre 13 shelby. It will be a different feel though.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I agree with the others. Doesn't take much. CAI, complete exhaust with LTs and a killer tune should do the trick. I sold my 2011 GT500 and got a 2013 5.0 cuz I got tired of losing to GTs. LOL

Edit: you are not going to get the same feel from an NA car, even if it's faster. PD cars typically make 80% or more of their peak power through the rpm range. NA cars have a short power band that falls of fairly quickly. The Shelby will always feel faster because of that.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Edit: you are not going to get the same feel from an NA car, even if it's faster. PD cars typically make 80% or more of their peak power through the rpm range. NA cars have a short power band that falls of fairly quickly. The Shelby will always feel faster because of that.
My Cobra has GOBS more HP than the 5.0 but in the time it takes for the Centri to spool the Coyote has beefier torque in the low rpms and it feels quicker under 4500.

Users who are viewing this thread