GOD DAMN these cars are hard to launch

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
As soon as the boost comes in, off the line anyways, the tires are gone. First gear is useless in this car now. Do drag radials really make that much of a difference? Damn IRS :bash: :burn:

03DOHC

Established Member
First gear is useless in my car too, it just blows the tires off, literally, at any speed with the stock F1's. Get some ET Streets.:beer:

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I gotta do something, anyways. I raced a friend tonight that has a 2002 Camaro SS with a 3000 stall, Nittos, and a NX 100 shot. He jumped a car and a half off the line, but never pulled much more than that. If I could launch the car decently, at least I could have put up a fight. :whine:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
32valvs.... The SS with just some miner mods will always have a great jump & with Nitto's or Drags there cars are nasty off the line.

On the 1/8 track nothing but SS Cameros running in the mid or high 7sec.

Id Agree damn the IRS on the TRACK :bash:

Every one swears that with slicks u can get the 60' down in the 1.8 = 1.9 times.....best that i had ever managed was 2.145 60'

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I managed 2 1.9s and 2 2.0s at the track this weekend without burning up the tires or hopping believe it or not. I found at our local track (NED), when they prep it poorly, no matter how hard I try I can't launch for shit and it usually hops real bad. So I try to stay away from street nights (ricer night) and hit test and tune.

Another member from this forum did a 1.8x on stock F1s. I almost shit myself.

1000 woot!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
32valvs.... The SS with just some miner mods will always have a great jump & with Nitto's or Drags there cars are nasty off the line.

On the 1/8 track nothing but SS Cameros running in the mid or high 7sec.

Id Agree damn the IRS on the TRACK :bash:

Every one swears that with slicks u can get the 60' down in the 1.8 = 1.9 times.....best that i had ever managed was 2.145 60'

I've gotten 1.9 60' times on my stock F1's. You should be in the 1.7-1.8's easily with slicks/DR's.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
On another note, I burned up my clutch recently. I've been racing on my street tires, and have been getting 1.9-2.0 60' times. I'm thinking that not only will DR's help with a bit of traction, but perhaps they can prolong the life of your clutch (as odd as that sounds) due to LESS clutch slip required on launch. What do you guys think?

RAPTORMAN and FRYINGRICECOBRA have been racing as much, if not more, than I have with their cars, and have not had to replace their clutches yet. They have used their DR's almost from the very beginning though. I think there may be a corrolation there.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i wouldnt go to et streets or slicks unless you have money to fix the half shafts. if you get a BFG with some meat you should be able to cut 1.9s easily and maybe high 1.8s. i cut a best of 2.0 on the f1s but that wasnt my best time. but that was stock. you guys got more power consider the tires a mod. get you some BFGS on a 15" wheel and go to town.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
On another note, I burned up my clutch recently. I've been racing on my street tires, and have been getting 1.9-2.0 60' times. I'm thinking that not only will DR's help with a bit of traction, but perhaps they can prolong the life of your clutch (as odd as that sounds) due to LESS clutch slip required on launch. What do you guys think?

You are EXACTLY correct.

Originally posted by snakeluvr
get you some BFGS on a 15" wheel and go to town.

Do 15s even fit?

I was able to get 2.2 60ft on the F1s. But honestly, with all the BULLFREAKING$#!t I hear about the Zo6 at the track....stock 11s...blah....blah....due to 1.7 60fts. It's ET Street time for me. I pray there will be a stock zo6 the day I go...Vids? Of course...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread