Go Nando! Ferrari F1

z06_23_45

Established Member
How many of you saw the race today? What were your impressions?

As for me, I'm glad that Fernando is finally back!!! What a race :banana::banana:

Do we have an F1/racing section here on this board? I looked but didn't find anything :??:

Coiled03

Established Member
Watched the race this morning. As much as I'm a Ferrari die-hard, I REFUSE to cheer for Alonso. The guy's a first-rate asshole in my book.

Regardless, it should be a great season. So many interesting rule changes.

z06_23_45

Established Member
Watched the race this morning. As much as I'm a Ferrari die-hard, I REFUSE to cheer for Alonso. The guy's a first-rate asshole in my book.

Damn, some harsh words. Why do you say that?

Coiled03

Established Member
Damn, some harsh words. Why do you say that?

First off, just listen to his interviews. He never has a good thing to say about anybody else, and if he loses, or gets in a wreck, it's never his fault. Second, ask yourself why, if he's such a great driver, he can't seem to stick with one team more than a season or two. The guy thinks he's God's gift to F1, and that the world revolves around him. Teams can't stand him, which is why nobody keeps him.

In other words, he's an arrogant asshat who thinks he's far more important than he really is.

Mika

Established Member

Agreed on both accounts. I wish that they'd allow refueling, but if it makes racing more interesting, then so be it. I just wish Kimi was still in F1.

z06_23_45

Established Member
First off, just listen to his interviews. He never has a good thing to say about anybody else, and if he loses, or gets in a wreck, it's never his fault. Second, ask yourself why, if he's such a great driver, he can't seem to stick with one team more than a season or two. The guy thinks he's God's gift to F1, and that the world revolves around him. Teams can't stand him, which is why nobody keeps him.

In other words, he's an arrogant asshat who thinks he's far more important than he really is.

I beg to differ man. You say teams can't stand him, yet he was the hottest commodity this off-season. I personally think he is the best driver in the field at this present time. Why do you say he never has anything good to say about anybody else? Did you hear his interview today? All he did was mention his team and what a great job they've done to get this car to where it is and get him this victory.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Good day for the Reds, not so good for Vettel. The day was his till his car broke... Chop Schuey is going to have his hands full with his teammate Rosberg..

Last edited:

z06_23_45

Established Member
We will never know, I got the impression Vettel was not driving at the limit. Those two should give us a good show this season :beer:

For sure! :beer:

It just sucks that overtaking is becoming more difficult and we're beginning to see more and more parades :sleeping:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For sure! :beer:

It just sucks that overtaking is becoming more difficult and we're beginning to see more and more parades :sleeping:

agreed, not looking forward to passing in the pits and funeral processions. These dramatic changes to the cars and rules were supposed to encourage more passing. Last year was exciting, the season is still just starting, so hopefully we will see more of the action we saw last year..

Coiled03

Established Member
I beg to differ man. You say teams can't stand him, yet he was the hottest commodity this off-season. I personally think he is the best driver in the field at this present time. Why do you say he never has anything good to say about anybody else? Did you hear his interview today? All he did was mention his team and what a great job they've done to get this car to where it is and get him this victory.

He'll always be a hot commodity as a two-time champion. So yeah - everybody wants him - until they have him. Then they wish they'd signed someone else.

Yeah, he always talks great about his team in public, but behind the scenes it's different. All you have to do is read up on it. Besides, I was talking more about the way he talks about other drivers.

It's all good man - we just have a difference of opinion.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
It was a great race I was yelling at the wife to watch it but she is a dork and doesnt get into it so much. I agree should be a great season.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member

What's wrong with his interview? He thanked all the mechanics and engineers for their hard work in the post-race interview today.

He's a great driver and they always move around between teams. He gave Renault's only championships and made McLaren up to speed for the 2007 season. Also, when Ferrari makes you an offer, there's no way any driver will choose to stay at a slower team that might quit.

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
It will prob moved to the tailgate section since Nascar topics go over there. I used to be a F1 fan but my favorite driver is in Nascar. #42 FTW

z06_23_45

Established Member
He'll always be a hot commodity as a two-time champion. So yeah - everybody wants him - until they have him. Then they wish they'd signed someone else.

Yeah, he always talks great about his team in public, but behind the scenes it's different. All you have to do is read up on it. Besides, I was talking more about the way he talks about other drivers.

It's all good man - we just have a difference of opinion.

Of course, no had feelings. :beer:

So who is your favorite driver?

Coiled03

Established Member
Good day for the Reds, not so good for Vettel. The day was his till his car broke... Chop Schuey is going to have his hands full with his teammate Rosberg..

Dude - it was Schumacher's first race back in 3 YEARS. Give him a little time to get back up to speed.

z06_23_45

Established Member
Dude - it was Schumacher's first race back in 3 YEARS. Give him a little time to get back up to speed.

LOL I didn't even notice that part of his post till I saw yours.

I agree, Schumacher is incredible and will be back in a few races. I mean he already beat Button and Webber, who were in faster cars and have been in it for some time already.

Users who are viewing this thread