"Go like hell" Movie

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Cruise will never fill the shelby void...lol plain and simple. Not a good recipe there...

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
hollywood cares more about $$$ than accuracy.

TOM CRUISE portrays Carroll Shelby's life story about RACING, filled with ACTION, SUSPENSE, AND DRAMA

GO LIKE HELL

is about what they want you to see so they get $$$$

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Should be interesting. Tom Cruise on serious roles, he takes them very seriously. I have faith in him, how can people forget him in Jerry Maguire, Collateral, A Few Good Men just to name a few. Now about that accent…...

There's no doubt he's a great actor! But I have to agree with some of the other statements with Josh Brolin. I think he is a better match and could use some more screen action. Another thing Josh Brolin was in that people don't realize was that he also played in one of my favorites "The Goonies" I still laugh at that movie. But all in all. I would still watch this new movie regardless as Carol Shelby was a awesome guy to begin with. Hopefully the movie isn't a bust which I doubt it will be.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Given the studio thinks tom cruise is the right fit for playing Carrol Shelby.... I will go ahead and say this movie will be a snoozer....

HandBanana

Established Member
The problem I have is the focal point of the movie shouldn't be Caroll Shelby, it should be Henry Ford and Enzo. Tom Cruise cannot be a supporting actor, except for Tropic Thunder. I just hope he doesn't try to steal the screen but Josh Brolin would be lightyears better regardless.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
If Cruise plays Shelby it will be a big distraction from the core story. Brolin is a good pick...but maybe a good unknown would bring better balance.

Users who are viewing this thread