Glass Roof

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I was wodering if anyone has had any trouble with the glass roof cars running in the 10's or faster.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i would think that the only trouble would be tech inspection. some tracks are a pain in the rear. pbir where i like to go would let you race a 9 second scooter if you had a helmet.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Its truly not my intention to come across like a jerk here, but why buy a car with a glass roof (which just adds weight and higher center of gravity) if you plan on drag racing it and going seriously fast? If you are concerned about the frame twisting and breaking the glass, im sure that that is possible if you launch hard enough. Id get some subframes and take any precaution i could to keep the frame from twisting. If you are just taking it and making some high 12 second passes i doubt it would be that big of a deal. start cutting 1.5's on a regular basis and id say its a matter of time.

c. love

Established Member
Haha 9 second scooter

we actually have races scooters at our 1/8 mile strip lol. We also have some
wicked scooters ha ha no lie

Glass roof wise i have wondered why its even an option seems like its a ding against any performance thing you wanted to do

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its truly not my intention to come across like a jerk here, but why buy a car with a glass roof (which just adds weight and higher center of gravity) if you plan on drag racing it and going seriously fast? If you are concerned about the frame twisting and breaking the glass, im sure that that is possible if you launch hard enough. Id get some subframes and take any precaution i could to keep the frame from twisting. If you are just taking it and making some high 12 second passes i doubt it would be that big of a deal. start cutting 1.5's on a regular basis and id say its a matter of time.

actually our 2nd car the red one has a glass roof.

I looked til I found a ruby red with a glass roof because that's what I wanted.

as far as higher center of gravity. I doubt the 7 or 17lbs or whatever it is really affects the car much when your comparing it to 3800lbs.

The integrity has been tested through ford and is every bit as stable as the fixed roof.

we have been 10.6 so far and plan on more this coming year

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Sure, the 7-17lbs may seem minimal, but you also have to consider it's location on the vehicle. The roof is the WORST place to add weight.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
actually our 2nd car the red one has a glass roof.

I looked til I found a ruby red with a glass roof because that's what I wanted.

as far as higher center of gravity. I doubt the 7 or 17lbs or whatever it is really affects the car much when your comparing it to 3800lbs.

The integrity has been tested through ford and is every bit as stable as the fixed roof.

we have been 10.6 so far and plan on more this coming year

What he said. I do love my glass roof car.

theACE

Established Member
Side topic but has anyone ever flipped a glass roof mustang? Does the glass shatter?

OneSlowV

Established Member
How is something under 20 lbs really gonna affect a car? Even being up that high you will never tell its there.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
It's definitely a luxury add but I love it. Cant imagine there are too many brembo premium 3.73 glass roof cars are running around

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Were talking about a 3800 lb car. If the roof added 50+ lbs. then I could see it making a noticeable difference. I understand people want to lighten things up for performance, but if pinching lbs is a big deal then this is the wrong platform.

ExTurbo

Established Member
It's definitely a luxury add but I love it. Cant imagine there are too many brembo premium 3.73 glass roof cars are running around

I still have 2 13's on my lot with this same combo, one is silver and one is white...they have nav too aand msrp for like 44k :shrug:

Needless to say they dont think when they order these cars IMO...ive been trying to convince them to let me build the mustangs at least lol:poke:

08mojo

Established Member
I still have 2 13's on my lot with this same combo, one is silver and one is white...they have nav too aand msrp for like 44k :shrug:

Needless to say they dont think when they order these cars IMO...ive been trying to convince them to let me build the mustangs at least lol:poke:

There are several at the dealership here in GA where I bought my car. They have every option and msrp for $47k! Looks like they have had them for awhile because the stock numbers are 24xx. The car I bought was 37xx...

New Ford Mustang in Atlanta GA

Users who are viewing this thread