Glass Roof on 2013

nickf2005

Established Member
Glass is awesome. I was undecided at first. I never laid eyes on a mustang with this option. Just to answer headroom issue. I am 6'5" and headroom is no problem with glass roof. My biggest issue may be if i have to wear a helmet. I think as mentioned before it gives more headroom. As far as heat. All black with glass and doesn't seem to be any worse in the hot ass GA sun.

At 6'3" I was able to fit with my helmet (HJC Full-Face Modular Motorcycle Helmet) and still had an inch or two above my helmet.

VaporDude

Established Member
The sense of spaciousness that it provides is amazing, as others have stated. I hate to have to pull the shade closed (which is hardly ever).

The only thing that I dislike about it, is that if someone doesn't know it's there (looking from the outside), they don't notice it. I took mine to a car show this weekend and I had to point it out to nearly everyone. Once they see it, they get a look of amazement. I pointed it out to a judge and he was nearly breaking his neck looking through the driver side window. I told him to take a seat, but he politely declined by saying, "I don't need to sit in a car like that". It was in a good way.

I guess you need to put a step stool next to the car so short people can see it. Like everyone else has said, the glass roof is worth the extra money. If you are worried about heat, I think it is a little hotter than a steel roof but a little tint would help with that.

COBRA32

Established Member
Love it would not get one without it. It actually stays cooler with the Glass roof having had both a steel roof the 2012 and Glass roof now the 2013. My 2012 metal roof would get so hot you could not touch it. The glass roof never gets that hot. Also you gain headroom with the glass roof.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I've got black/black stripes and glass. Barely notice the absence if stripes ordered DIB/black and that looked awesome as well. IMHO Any color with
Black stripes looked great with the glass
Roof. More noticeable that stripes are missing with white stripes.

Sure I wish Ford would have put in just a little more effort and placed stripes over the glass top cars. However, I ordered a DIB car with white stripes AND the glass roof and I think that setup will look great. The convertibles also don't have stripes across their soft top roofs and none of those owners seem to care. I tried to like black stripes on the DIB or black cars but IMO they are too boring. But many on here love those setups. I guess if I end up being the only one on this forum that ordered a glass roof car and white stripes that will only make mine that much rarer! :banana:

Last edited:

brianz426

Established Member
Sure I wish Ford would have put in just a little more effort and placed stripes over the glass top cars. However, I ordered a DIB car with white stripes AND the glass roof and I think that setup will look great. The convertibles also don't have stripes across their soft top roofs and none of those owners seem to car. I tried to like black stripes on the DIB & black cars but IMO they are too boring. But many on here love those setups. I guess if I end up being the only one on this forum that ordered a glass roof car and white stripes that will only make mine that much rarer! :banana:

I'm going with DIB white stripes, glass roof and PP. In the beginning I was concerned about the lack of stripes on the glass roof. I haven't seen one in person (saw a picture somewhere) but I'm liking the combination of the dark stripe-less roof with the dark wheels. I've missed the boat on '13's so I'm 1st on the list for a '14.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread