Glass Roof on 2013

nickf2005

Established Member
The sense of spaciousness that it provides is amazing, as others have stated. I hate to have to pull the shade closed (which is hardly ever).

The only thing that I dislike about it, is that if someone doesn't know it's there (looking from the outside), they don't notice it. I took mine to a car show this weekend and I had to point it out to nearly everyone. Once they see it, they get a look of amazement. I pointed it out to a judge and he was nearly breaking his neck looking through the driver side window. I told him to take a seat, but he politely declined by saying, "I don't need to sit in a car like that". It was in a good way.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Here in central TX is hot. 100+ during the summer. Got my car late June. It's black. It gets hot. Not any more than my F150. I did get a ceramic tint and if I'm leaving it in the sun I use a windshield shade and pull the retractable shade closed and it's much better than my f150. Driving around its no hotter than a car with a solid roof. I wouldn't ever dream of owning another car without it

Marc

Established Member
Actually I am not a big sunroof, glass top type person. I have a Rav 4 with a sunroof and never pull the shade.

I had actually thought about getting the glass top cause of the looks, but I also wanted the stripe package. I just didn't like how the stripes looked on the top, as obviously, you can't go over the glass top.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I've got black/black stripes and glass. Barely notice the absence if stripes ordered DIB/black and that looked awesome as well. IMHO Any color with
Black stripes looked great with the glass
Roof. More noticeable that stripes are missing with white stripes.

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Actually I am not a big sunroof, glass top type person. I have a Rav 4 with a sunroof and never pull the shade.

I had actually thought about getting the glass top cause of the looks, but I also wanted the stripe package. I just didn't like how the stripes looked on the top, as obviously, you can't go over the glass top.

I debated getting it for these exact two reasons...don't open it enough in my Raptor to justify the cost and worried about the looks. After I saw feedback from those that have it and actually sat in one, I realized that because of the size, it was much different that a sunroof. Changed the dynamics of being in the car and like walker said, makes me miss having a vert much less.

I also got a black stripe car so it was less noticeable. People that get this, even those that were unsure at first, seem to rave about it. I think it will be awesome.

Speed_Addict

Established Member
I almost never use my sunroofs. I added the glass roof to my order after seeing the video on this site and seeing initial feedback. I'm glad I did as I think it is awesome. Can't imagine not having it now.

Habbro

Noob
Established Member
Glass is awesome. I was undecided at first. I never laid eyes on a mustang with this option. Just to answer headroom issue. I am 6'5" and headroom is no problem with glass roof. My biggest issue may be if i have to wear a helmet. I think as mentioned before it gives more headroom. As far as heat. All black with glass and doesn't seem to be any worse in the hot ass GA sun.

Users who are viewing this thread