Gingerman Track day 5/4/06 [56k doubtful]

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
The Taurus Car Club of America (TCCA) hosted a track day at Gingerman yesterday. There was probably about 25 cars, including a supercharged second gen Viper, a blown first gen Viper, an 00 Cobra R, an Evo, five or six SHOs, a few Contour SVTs and a few other misc things.

Was an amazing day, perfect weather. My car was great, it was my first time really beating on it on a track and I had a great time. I went off four times if you count my two wheel off. My new 13" Cobra/Mach 1 brakes performed very well also, but I need to get a better set of pads, and run some more tire pressure next time.

Onto the pics.

144429302.jpg

144429307.jpg

144429293.jpg

144429288.jpg

144428563.jpg

144428546.jpg

144428529.jpg

144430265.jpg

144428514.jpg

144428495.jpg

The white SHO with the silver stripes is gutted/caged and makes 255hp/220ft lbs at the wheels and is just ridiculously fast. Plus the driver has been racing for about 6 or 7 years. The blue SHO sitting in the paddock has a 3.4 engine which is a bored and stroked 3.2 He also makes around 260 whp, he just upgraded his brakes again and is running C5/C6 Corvette Calipers on 13x1.25" rotors. And the Cobra R does belong to a forum member.

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
Looks like alot of fun, I'll be posting a thread next week with pics from the SVTOA event at Summit Point this Sunday. btw thats a nice car you have there, even for a family sedan... :D ...j/k :-D

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Gingerman only has one track. You must be thinking of Autobahn track in Joliet. The day was put on by the TCCA, and I think they only advertised it on some other forums around Michigan, I'm not sure. 40 cars registered, but not that many showed up, only paid $120 for the whole day. Cant wait for the october event.

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
Did you see any mr2's out there, im not sure what week they went but about 3-4 went I think.
Looks like fun!

miniSHO

Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
Gingerman only has one track. You must be thinking of Autobahn track in Joliet. The day was put on by the TCCA, and I think they only advertised it on some other forums around Michigan, I'm not sure. 40 cars registered, but not that many showed up, only paid $120 for the whole day. Cant wait for the october event.

Where's the signup for the october event? Thanks

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Your SHO give me a serious chub man.

I've always wanted one and one day I will buy a nice one.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
svtenthusiast said:
Where's the signup for the october event? Thanks
I dont think they have a date picked yet. They usually have the sign up the month or two ahead of time. PM Me your e-mail and I'll forward it to the person who sets them up so you can get added to his mailing list.

VirtualSVT said:
Your SHO give me a serious chub man.

I've always wanted one and one day I will buy a nice one.
Uh, thanks? :D Nice SHOs are getting harder to find, as well as parts. If you find one that is own by an enthusiast, the maintence will most likely be done and probably some bolt on mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's one thing I never got to do with my '03 Cobra and always wanted to. Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread