Getting upgraded!

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I was talking to procharger about some tuning problems with my car, and I made a comment about how I like the way my buddies d1-sc car drives better than mine. For a small (very small) sum of money they offered to upgrade me to a d1. So Monday I'm taking her in did the swap and tune:)

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Nice! I never understood why the P1 was the head unit of choice on a moderately sized v8 anyhow. For the old 2v 4.6 cars it was decent. The D1 is just a better suited unit to begin with. It's internal step-up gearing is more aggressive which gives you a flatter torque curve. The added airflow at lower impeller RPM's also really helps with power production on larger engines as well.

I think you'll enjoy the change!

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
The p1 made great power it just took too long. I'm hoping the d1 will give me a more instant kick in the pants:)

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Thats a sweet deal. How old is your unit that they were willing to take it back and upgrade you? Thats the sign of a good company that offers that for customers without hesitation.

Prototype007

Established Member
Look forward to the new numbers and after reading this, it makes my think more of Procharger's customer service.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
You guys have no idea how good procharger has been to me. I hear so many bad things, but the guys there are awesome.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
The "old unit" is a year old and is in perfect working order. Procharger is a great company, they are dedicated to Making the best blowers. They buy cars and push them to the limits for years to ensure the best end results.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice deal, and I think you'll like the new setup a lot. After the install is done, post up your review here.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I dropped the car off this morning. Should be done Thursday and ready for the track Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread