Getting ready to place an order for a steering stabilizer

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I'm getting ready to order it from Rough Country. How is their reputation? Has anyone heard anything bad about them?

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
They seem to be okay from what I have heard. I am curious how much that setup actually helps our trucks so post up after you install it and let us know what you think.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
I'm getting ready to order it from Rough Country. How is their reputation? Has anyone heard anything bad about them?

Basically, it's just a steering stabilizer. I work in the buisness and am involved with all the lift companies. Certain brands I would't put on my truck at all. No one can really screw up a stabilizer is what I'm saying, at least I hope not. Rancho and Fabtech have descent set ups. I have a a Rancho on my personal truck now. The brackets are nearly 100% identical, but the Rancho has to be bolted together. No big deal. I may even still have my other Rancho brackets off my Red L I powdercoated red if your interested. I can probably come up with a new shock too. Let me know if it's something you may be interested in. If not, the Rough Country one should be fine too.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I have the rough country one, and it works fine for me... 15,000 miles and still working great

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I ordered it Saturday so when it comes in I will keep you all posted on how it performs and if Rough Country is a vendor I would buy from again. I heard from other websites that this is a must mod and should be 1 or 2 on your list of mods to get. Time will tell.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
As of right now they do not answer e-mails and according to their website you will be provided a 6 digit order number for tracking purposes and have status within 24 hours. Well it has been 72 plus hours and my order number was 8 digits long and does not work on their web page. I'll give it a couple more days and then pick up the phone and call.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I bought one on a group buy about a year and a half ago, and it was stolen from me (after I got it). Never did get to install it, but I'll be buying another one soon enough.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I can't say that I noticed any real difference. Then again I did not have the truck long enough to make a comparison. I probably drove the L less than a 100 miles before the install.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The general observation seems to be that the Rough Country has better geometry, but the Fabtech (which I have) is built much much better. I really like mine.

MiaLightning

Established Member
I'm still undecided as to which brand, but for sure i'll be installing one. I don't know about you guys but my truck follows the road pretty bad and it drives me crazy, it started doing this after i lowered it, i aligned it after the drop and it still pulls to the bumps and follows the road..
Have you guys ever heard any remarks about the LFP steer stabilizer kits?

opie99

Established Member
i think i might think about buying one, my truck makes me feel like im drunk driving down the highway. where would the cheapest place be to buy one?

Users who are viewing this thread