Getting ready to order one....

Heesman

Established Member
Hello,
This is my first post. I registered a long time ago when I was in the market for a GT500 but with the birth of two kids that dream got put on hold. However, Ford finally came around and built a "family sedan" that will allow me to have performance with my family in tow. When I do order one for my wife I am going to load it up like the other vehicles I have ordered. That said I have a few questions.

1) I live in the frozen tundra (Northern MN) and by ordering the performance package I will need to get a set of rims with Blizzaks (or something similar). Any reason I can't do this as long as tire diameter is the same as the OE?

2) What exactly is the tire mobility kit? Will it work with the above mentioned winter tires in the event I get a flat?

3) Any real reasons why a car like this makes no sense in the frozen tundra? It can't be any worse than a regular Tauroid in the snow, right?

I would appreciate any insight, comments, etc.

Thanks
Eric

typhoon5000

Established Member
Hey, welcome back the forum. To answer your questions:

1) Yes you would need to get some winter tires since the SHO performance pack tires are summer only Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. You don't need to get new rims as they make Blizzaks that are the same size as the OEM tires (Tire Rack Link), but to ease swapping them, you can get new rims no problem. You can go as small as 17", which is the base SE Taurus' wheels size that fits over the brakes just fine. The bolt pattern is the same as an '05+ Mustang (5x4.5" or 5x114.3mm) and I believe the offset is pretty close too, so finding wheels shouldn't be to hard. You just have to remember to get new TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors mounted onto the new wheels so that it doesn't think you're driving on 4 flats LOL.

2) The tire mobility kit is Ford's new replacment for spares. It isn't a tire at all. It's basically a can of tire slime, for if you get small puncture. Otherwise you're SOL I guess now. So it should work with any tire to answer your question.

3) There are no real reasons I can think of why this car wouldn't work in MN. In fact it would probably do really well there with the torque sensing AWD and advanced trac stability control. I also beleive an engine block heater is availible in the most northern states, like MN.

Last edited:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Are you getting a good price on the SHO?

Please share the discounts etc, etc, that you may get. I am also in the market this spring.

Thanks!

Mike

Hello,
This is my first post. I registered a long time ago when I was in the market for a GT500 but with the birth of two kids that dream got put on hold. However, Ford finally came around and built a "family sedan" that will allow me to have performance with my family in tow. When I do order one for my wife I am going to load it up like the other vehicles I have ordered. That said I have a few questions.

1) I live in the frozen tundra (Northern MN) and by ordering the performance package I will need to get a set of rims with Blizzaks (or something similar). Any reason I can't do this as long as tire diameter is the same as the OE?

2) What exactly is the tire mobility kit? Will it work with the above mentioned winter tires in the event I get a flat?

3) Any real reasons why a car like this makes no sense in the frozen tundra? It can't be any worse than a regular Tauroid in the snow, right?

I would appreciate any insight, comments, etc.

Thanks
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread