getting ready to get the car ready for the season!

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Built a new 96 cobra blocked engine, with.020 over C P pistons, billet rods and a stock cobra crank....i ported the bowls only and installed new stainless valves. I am trying some custom cams we had made from new blanks and some crower springs and retainers. I made some changes in the rear and went to a locker for the brute strength it provides, it is also narrowed to allow the tires to set all the way under the car and sit it low for stability over 140 mph..trans was freshened and showed no signs of wear...perfect...going to experiment with a new valvebody P.A. is developing now. The fuel system is being changed from front to back and going return style...using two bosch pumps for reliability since it will be used to go back and forth to work and for other pleasure use. The fuel system will support over 1,000 rwhp and will be enough to supply my nitrous system too which will be unlike anything yet seen. Going to keep the car for daily use keeping the a/c, power steering and everything else in it. I lightened the front end with a custom k-member made by my chassis guys....complete with tubular arms and coil overs too. Using the 2.4 k-b and with alot of tuning and tricks i want to go mid to low 9's on motor and i don't think it will be much trouble to get there....after that...like shoey which i will be helping out this year we both want to be in the 8's...but i still want to be able to daily drive mine if the weather is nice...going to swap race seats in when racing too to get some weight out....battery is trunk mounted now too....hope it all works as planned!!
kennebellandzack68z280169fe.jpg
dsc000660mz.jpg

hpbyhermann

Established Member
they are painted and cleared....

sb03cobra said:
:thumbsup: Looks great. Really like those valve covers. Are they painted or powdercoated?
there just wasn't any powdercoating close in color...plus with good prep work it will stay like that too! :beer: bonecrusher....you got that right...still going to be driving it to work...best way to show customers is to demonstrate what you can do...lots of people say they can do stuff...i'd rather let them ride in it and experiance what i can do for their car!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hpbyhermann said:
there just wasn't any powdercoating close in color...plus with good prep work it will stay like that too! :beer: bonecrusher....you got that right...still going to be driving it to work...best way to show customers is to demonstrate what you can do...lots of people say they can do stuff...i'd rather let them ride in it and experiance what i can do for their car!! :thumbsup:
Now there's a vendor after my heart. LOL! Hey Hermann, that is an awesome ride you're building. I hope I get to see it run in New Jersey or Pennsylvania this year. ??

hpbyhermann

Established Member
bob, how are things?? Thanks for the complement!

CobraBob said:
Now there's a vendor after my heart. LOL! Hey Hermann, that is an awesome ride you're building. I hope I get to see it run in New Jersey or Pennsylvania this year. ??
I just feel the days of smoke and mirrors are finished...now either show what you can or can not do....everyone is tired of promises from vendors...deliver or don't even bother is the way to do this.... :rockon: Let the cars you build for YOUR CUSTOMERS talk for you...not the owners!! This year we have so many unreal customer cars coming out...the time slips won't lie...and best of all they can be daily driven if they choose to!! I love this stuff!!!! hermann :beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I'll be happy with my 10 second daily driver, thank you!!!

I'm getting too old to go much faster. HA! HA!

Dana

JerseySVT

Established Member
Badass car Hermann. How do you like those ET Street Radials?? I'm thinking of getting a set, but haven't heard anything about how well they grip on the street. Are they any good? Do they wear quicker then the BFG's?

Thanks.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
like your car needs anything else dana!!!

Dana said:
I'll be happy with my 10 second daily driver, thank you!!!

I'm getting too old to go much faster. HA! HA!

Dana
It's perfect as is!!! :thumbsup: the e.t. street radials are better than anything available hands down....no comparison...lasts longer than the bfg's...and hooks harder than nitto's or bfg's...unreal hooking tires!!! :beer: DANA: Can you have tim give me a call??? thanks! hermann

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
It's perfect as is!!! :thumbsup: the e.t. street radials are better than anything available hands down....no comparison...lasts longer than the bfg's...and hooks harder than nitto's or bfg's...unreal hooking tires!!! :beer: DANA: Can you have tim give me a call??? thanks! hermann
how do they take turns? the nittos are better than the f1's in the lateral grip department.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
DANA: Can you have tim give me a call??? thanks! hermann
I'll tell him tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

And yes, I'm pretty happy with how my car is set up now. A few tweaks over the winter and I'm set for the season.
Dan

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hpbyhermann said:
I just feel the days of smoke and mirrors are finished...now either show what you can or can not do....everyone is tired of promises from vendors...deliver or don't even bother is the way to do this.... :rockon: Let the cars you build for YOUR CUSTOMERS talk for you...not the owners!! This year we have so many unreal customer cars coming out...the time slips won't lie...and best of all they can be daily driven if they choose to!! I love this stuff!!!! hermann :beer:
So true, and I like you attitude as a vendor.

Are you racing at Atco or Maple Grove this year?

Users who are viewing this thread