getting ready for a new set up

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
You would think since metco is already in the pulley game it wouldn't take much to make them for aftermarket blowers. I know I'd love a set that all matched. Oh well, first world problems I guess
Exactly!
I never have understood that.
Definitely can’t wait to see what kind of numbers this puts down.

Ken

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I vote polished! Will RR pulleys mount on the gen4 2.9?

24153828337_7820a11d94_b-jpg.1450709

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'm definitely leaning polished, just flows better I think.
Thanks nate! Hows your rebuild coming?

Getting there. I have the short block ready to go. Still need to get the heads worked and then have everything assembled.

Followed in your footsteps and sold off the TVS. I'll be picking up a new 2.9 during the black friday sales.

94slowbra1

Established Member

I polished my 2.3 whipple snout and pulley, loved it. Probably stole it from you, ha. And yes all whipple pulleys for cobras fit all models, this is directly from whipple. So yes they will fit.

Getting there. I have the short block ready to go. Still need to get the heads worked and then have everything assembled.

Followed in your footsteps and sold off the TVS. I'll be picking up a new 2.9 during the black friday sales.
Well done sir, I cant give a true comparison yet but I'm sure I made the right move. I'll make sure to let you know so you can grow even more impatient waiting, ha. Good luck with it, hopefully this one comes together for you

94slowbra1

Established Member

I polished my 2.3 whipple snout and pulley, loved it. Probably stole it from you, ha. And yes all whipple pulleys for cobras fit all models, this is directly from whipple. So yes they will fit.

Well done sir, I cant give a true comparison yet but I'm sure I made the right move. I'll make sure to let you know so you can grow even more impatient waiting, ha. Good luck with it, hopefully this one comes together for you

94slowbra1

Established Member

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member

I promised myself to have this one done in time for spring.. No excuses this time. LOL

94slowbra1

Established Member

94slowbra1

Established Member

94slowbra1

Established Member

94slowbra1

Established Member

94slowbra1

Established Member

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Can you post what fittings you needed for the rail set up whenever you get a chance.

I have the fore rails, but want to reconfigure the way my lines are routed.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Looking really good! Can’t wait to see your results. There’s not many of us left but I’m still holding on to my baby 2.3 TVS. I did do my own home brew “secret sauce” to try and help keep up with you big boys alittle.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
holy multipost! my phone must have went nuts. ha
if an admin comes in here can you clean this mess up? thanks
No kidding lol
I read through 3 of them and started the 4th before it dawned on me that it was the same post :)
Do you have an eta yet on dyno time? Not rushing you or anything just very anxious to see results as this is the route I’m going to take unless the Gen 5 proves to be worthy.

Thanks
Ken

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
i still nee to dial in the tune with kevin first. im out of town for labor day weekend so i wont resume that until i get home. then i need to schedule a dyno appt. realistically id say by the end of sept.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Can you post what fittings you needed for the rail set up whenever you get a chance.

I have the fore rails, but want to reconfigure the way my lines are routed.
for rails on each side
on the rear pass side i used one 3/4" rail extender, one 1 1/4" rail extender and a 90
on the rear driver i used one 3/4" rail extender and a 90
the fuel comes in on the front of the pass side rail
the front of the drivers side is capped
These are the best but I think you can get the idea
20190823_133858-3024x2268.jpg
20190823_133800-2268x3024.jpg
20190823_140604-3024x2268.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread