getting ready for a new set up

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
And its alive and well. Honestly I still dont know what the reason was but my money is on the intake gaskets.
I ran all new vac lines to everything today. Some of them had small leaks but nothing like what I was experiencing a few days ago. Also I pulled a vac line once it was running right to see if it replicated my problem and it did not. So i doubt it was a vac line but now i know they are all up to par.
The old intake gaskets didnt have any noticable problems but my new ones definitely looked better.
Checked the boost bypass with the vac pump and it opened at 5lbs of pressure and held steady the whole time. Blower rotors looked good and it isnt getting hot anymore
So now i need the tidy everything up and get it back on the street.
While all this was going on i also put in my j2fab 270 extreme alt. Warm idle is 14.65 volts with the fan and stewart emp pump running. Will do some logs and see what's happening when I'm cruising around.
Glad to be back!

Nice!

Now go hit those rollers!

94slowbra1

Established Member
Took it out just now. No codes no nothing, just power. Next is an oil change and some fresh e70 and I'm set. Man it feels nice to be back!
Thanks again for all the help and ideas again fellas.
And yes, I'm going to hit the rollers here soon and see what she does!

94slowbra1

Established Member
this should be coming to an end soon, fingers crossed. the tune is almost done, just working on a few small idle tweaks now. i have a call into the dyno shop here to see when they can fit me in for a few pulls. i dont know what kind of power its making but i can tell you is nasty on the street!
i have taken the car out the past few days and it feels awesome to be back in it. goal is to DRIVE it this year. im tired of it sitting in the garage due to mods being done. will update with numbers once i get them

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
About time we get an update!!! I've been growing impatient!

I have to live through you southerners since I constantly have snow on the ground up here. I bet that car is an absolute animal right now.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well I was waiting on some tune updates, kevin is coming through. Trust me I want it done more than anyone.
This is my driving time, high 60s low 70s right now. Dont know how you northern guys do it.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Well I was waiting on some tune updates, kevin is coming through. Trust me I want it done more than anyone.
This is my driving time, high 60s low 70s right now. Dont know how you northern guys do it.
Most of us modifing in the winter and drive in spring summer and fall. Snow came early this year...

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
We usually get 2 weeks of that hot weather like that. I still drive my car but don't beat on it when it's that hot.

One day I'll upgrade the cooling system...
No driving during the summer for me. 95+ with high humidity isnt fun

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

94slowbra1

Established Member
bringing this back as im finally finished tuning the car. i have been going back and forth with kevin over the tune and finally came across something on my end that was holding us up. now that i got that taken care of he was able to dial it in 100%. drives like stock when your not in it but hang on tight when you put the hammer down. this virus business is going to be the hold up for getting the dyno numbers. by the time i can get out and on one its going to be june and hot as shit here, already upper 80s
overall im very happy with the car and its power. things have finally come together and its a blast. thanks for following along with me here

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
bringing this back as im finally finished tuning the car. i have been going back and forth with kevin over the tune and finally came across something on my end that was holding us up. now that i got that taken care of he was able to dial it in 100%. drives like stock when your not in it but hang on tight when you put the hammer down. this virus business is going to be the hold up for getting the dyno numbers. by the time i can get out and on one its going to be june and hot as shit here, already upper 80s
overall im very happy with the car and its power. things have finally come together and its a blast. thanks for following along with me here

Fantastic! It's amazing how much drivability Kevin can obtain once all the little hardware gremlins are sorted away. Then it just seamlessly lays into that 800 wheel WOT (and I do believe that's exactly where you are even without seeing it on a dyno).

I'm curious about the dyno number....but also interested to see how much you pick up at a half mile event over the 2.3 tvs. That's gonna be a drop top rocket charging down the back half! Objects in mirror are losing ground....Lol

94slowbra1

Established Member
Fantastic! It's amazing how much drivability Kevin can obtain once all the little hardware gremlins are sorted away. Then it just seamlessly lays into that 800 wheel WOT (and I do believe that's exactly where you are even without seeing it on a dyno).

I'm curious about the dyno number....but also interested to see how much you pick up at a half mile event over the 2.3 tvs. That's gonna be a drop top rocket charging down the back half! Objects in mirror are losing ground....Lol

Super happy for you John. Way to persevere through the process.

thanks jeff and jason! kevin is definitely good at what he does. id have to assume from other similar combos that im in the ballpark of 800. time will tell

Users who are viewing this thread