getting nervous over car purchase 14 GT500

dru440

Established Member
Hey guys just got all the final details completed. Its a deep indigo blue 2014 gt500 with black stripes, track pack, svt pp, nav, car cover, 67xxx MSRP purchase price is 54500 miles are 13800. Should I stop being nervous and just go for it? Is this a great deal and nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Quick look through the market section on here and it looks like that's a fair price.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I always get nervous when buying a big ticket item just b/c it is a lot of money. Couldn't wait to get back into a Vette...until it came time to send the huge check to the seller LOL! I did it anyway. If you can afford it and it's the exact car you want, do it.

Rct851

Established Member
^^^this too. Be patient and get the exact color/options you want

I've been looking as well. Price is in line with what I've been seeing. I have not tried talking anyone down though but I don't imagine there is much room. I say go for it. The 2013-14s have been holding value and I believe will continue to do so.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's just money, buy it and if you don't like it, sell it next year for a minor loss. Life's too short to dink around building a portfolio of regrets.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Buy it, then if you dont like it, ship to CA, then sell it for $65k like theyre still going for with twice the mileage.

Quick easy $10k in your pocket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is this a private sale or a dealership? Have you seen the car in person?

dru440

Established Member
Are you nervous about not enjoying the car, the total cost/loan, or potential depreciation?

I know I will enjoy the car. I m worrying about the cost/loan and potential depreciation. I have seen very detailed photos of the car and it is at a Ford dealership. It is 120 miles away and I will be going tomorrow.

nxhappy

Established Member
I know I will enjoy the car. I m worrying about the cost/loan and potential depreciation. I have seen very detailed photos of the car and it is at a Ford dealership. It is 120 miles away and I will be going tomorrow.

GT500s hold their value pretty well. Especially with low mileage.

That is a pretty good price. I say do it. You only live once ! :beer:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
these are dark times indeed when people are saying $54k for a used mustang is a "good" price. :nonono:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If you don't have to have that exact one, I'd wait a few months. Two main reasons for that IMO: 1. Fall will be here, and owners are generally more willing to let cars go for less, vs. letting them sit in the garage for another winter. 2. The GT350 release...as they hit the streets and people really start to see how good they are, there will naturally be a wave of mustang owners looking to "upgrade" to the newest Mustang. True, they are focused on two different areas, but the 350 WILL be the newest top dog in the Mustang lineup, and that is a big draw for a lot of folks.

Users who are viewing this thread