Getting my terminator to 550-600 hp?

DarkRattle

Established Member
It's pulling 450 hp right now.

Mods:

JLT Cold Air intake
Metco 2.70 Pulley
Metco 90mm Idler

So I'm thinking about BBK dual 65mm throttle body and some headers (new exhaust, idk), what else you think I'll need (ps. i'm new to this stuff, please dont make fun of me xD).

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member
It's pulling 450 hp right now.

Mods:

JLT Cold Air intake
Metco 2.70 Pulley
Metco 90mm Idler

So I'm thinking about BBK dual 65mm throttle body and some headers (new exhaust, idk), what else you think I'll need (ps. i'm new to this stuff, please dont make fun of me xD).

Get a ported eaton (can port it yourself, I did one and ended up selling it before I could use it and it made 505rwhp on a 2v), ported elbow and throttle body (preferably the posi ported dragon setup), headers, e-85, oh and some sort of maf upgrade and you should be close to 550 maybe not too sure; I'm sure someone else may chime in with more experience. How many miles does your car have on it?

cj428mach

Established Member
Buy a used 2.3l blower, a BAP, MAF injectors and tune. If you shop around you can have the whole thing on and tuned for $3500

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I have the same goal for my wifes Cobra. Since I have been down this path with my car and then went to a turbo (I still have parts stilling from before the switch to turbo) I have a pretty good idea of how to get there with her car reliably and putting the power to the ground. This is not the cheap way to get there but I ran a simular setup on my car for years and loved it.

1. VMP tvs twin 65mm BBK with 3.0 (I used a 2.2 KB on my car but it made way to much heat so I went for newer tech this time)
2. 60 lbs injectors (Will be using 93 pump)
3. Bassani headers and X pipe with SLP LM1 (Still had it on a shelf)
4. 3000 SCT maf (Still sitting from past build)
5. Fore hat with twin GT pumps and MDM Jr driver (From my other build and will be using the factory fuel lines and rails)
6. JLT CAI high boost (I dont want the hot under hood air this time around)
7. Head cooling mod (1# needed mod for our cars)
8. MM bushings in cradle (The IRS needs stiffened up to plant the power)
9. MM aluminum diff bushings. (Made a huge differance on my car since the pinion angle can be set to spec)
10. Diff brace or upgraded cover (Cover is leaking with factory power on both cars at under 15k mile. Way to go FORD!)
11. Firewall adjuster and quadrant (I hate where the factory clutch engages so a little tweak helps)
12. SCT X3 with custom dyno tune.

Not needed # from above
3. Exhaust not needed (I have seen 660rwhp on a 2.3 whipple with mixed fuel with the factory exhaust not saying he wasn't pushing things)
4. Could go with a 2600 SCT maf
5. Could use a boosta pump

Next year the clutch will need an upgrade along with a 26 spline input shaft. Then some better wheels and sticky tires.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
OP Be careful that you understand if people are using 93 pump or E85 to get their numbers. Back in the day I had to go turbo to hit 750+rwhp on 93 pump and now enough people have E85 that 700rwhp isnt hard to attain with a Whipple, KB or TVS.

DarkRattle

Established Member
Ya should have stated we only have 91 in cali too lmao, I'm going for 550, 600 is out of the question, I don't want a kenne bell or anything I want to keep the stock eaton.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Ya should have stated we only have 91 in cali too lmao, I'm going for 550, 600 is out of the question, I don't want a kenne bell or anything I want to keep the stock eaton.

Where are you in Cali? I'm in San Bernardino and there's at least 6 stations within maybe 20 miles for E-85. Me honestly I'm not shooting for big numbers on the stock block since I'm going to swap a lighter teskid block in the car. On the 91 we have it may be a struggle

IllCobra

Established Member
I have the same goal for my wifes Cobra. Since I have been down this path with my car and then went to a turbo (I still have parts stilling from before the switch to turbo) I have a pretty good idea of how to get there with her car reliably and putting the power to the ground. This is not the cheap way to get there but I ran a simular setup on my car for years and loved it.

1. VMP tvs twin 65mm BBK with 3.0 (I used a 2.2 KB on my car but it made way to much heat so I went for newer tech this time)
2. 60 lbs injectors (Will be using 93 pump)
3. Bassani headers and X pipe with SLP LM1 (Still had it on a shelf)
4. 3000 SCT maf (Still sitting from past build)
5. Fore hat with twin GT pumps and MDM Jr driver (From my other build and will be using the factory fuel lines and rails)
6. JLT CAI high boost (I dont want the hot under hood air this time around)
7. Head cooling mod (1# needed mod for our cars)
8. MM bushings in cradle (The IRS needs stiffened up to plant the power)
9. MM aluminum diff bushings. (Made a huge differance on my car since the pinion angle can be set to spec)
10. Diff brace or upgraded cover (Cover is leaking with factory power on both cars at under 15k mile. Way to go FORD!)
11. Firewall adjuster and quadrant (I hate where the factory clutch engages so a little tweak helps)
12. SCT X3 with custom dyno tune.

Not needed # from above
3. Exhaust not needed (I have seen 660rwhp on a 2.3 whipple with mixed fuel with the factory exhaust not saying he wasn't pushing things)
4. Could go with a 2600 SCT maf
5. Could use a boosta pump

Next year the clutch will need an upgrade along with a 26 spline input shaft. Then some better wheels and sticky tires.

I'm copying this info for when I am ready to upgrade my blower.

1. I will probably go VMP as well.
2. Will more than likely stay on 93 pump unless they build a gas station with e85 closer to where i live.
3. Car came with exhaust from the headers back.
4. Just bought an unused 2600 from CL.
5. Car came with BAP
6. Will be ordering JLT CAI after i get my car running.
7. Installing this after I get my "new" 2005 DC heads on the car.
8-10. Car came with all of this including sub-frame connectors. Mine has the diff brace and is leaking, so i'll have to get that taken care of soon.
11. Gotta do some adjusting to mine, too.
12. Will be getting a tune after my car is put back together. Still debating about whether or not to go with a 4 lb lower because i wont be buying a new blower for a while.

DarkRattle

Established Member
Where are you in Cali? I'm in San Bernardino and there's at least 6 stations within maybe 20 miles for E-85. Me honestly I'm not shooting for big numbers on the stock block since I'm going to swap a lighter teskid block in the car. On the 91 we have it may be a struggle
a good 100 miles away from any e85s

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would lower your goal since you have 91 octane. Porting your Eaton and going with a 2.80/2.76 upper and 4 lb. lower, catback, catted X or H-pipe and long tube headers, along with a safe tune should at least get you to around 500rwhp. Could you be happy with that? You might have to unless you add nitrous. You're limited with 91 octane fuel.

DarkRattle

Established Member
I would lower your goal since you have 91 octane. Porting your Eaton and going with a 2.80/2.76 upper and 4 lb. lower, catback, catted X or H-pipe and long tube headers, along with a safe tune should at least get you to around 500rwhp. Could you be happy with that? You might have to unless you add nitrous. You're limited with 91 octane fuel.
ya I would be happy with that, I should have had it lowered knowing I only have 91 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread